Help!!! My hosta have emerged

My hosta have emerged and temperatures are dropping back below freezing!!! I covered them with straw, will this help them or harm them?

**********MY FAVORITE SITES********** Garden Center Directory Wrightgardens.com Burpee
Reply to
gardener4life

They should be fine. If frost damage occurs, it will only be to the leaves. The plant will do just fine as the weather warms up.

Reply to
WiGard

The straw should work fine. I have tulips and daffs that are peeking out of the ground here in zone 6 (central PA) due to to the mild temps we had in December. We currently have about 14 inches of snow on the ground with temps in the teens. Oh how I dream of Summer!!!

Reply to
curvefan

Hosta have been around for millions of years and have no doubt adapted to changing winter temperatures long before you were even born.

You certainly have more important things to worry about.

You should learn to sit back and enjoy the natural world for wonder it is.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-