AArgh... neighbors

" It >is never the animal's fault. Never. It is always the fault of the people who leave animals out to bark incessantly" .

Maybe you aren't that well read, or don't have comprehension of four syllable words, but what does the term "incessantly" mean? Is that a word you'd use to describe a ten minute barking session? OR, would the word "incessantly" imply constantly, continual, ongoing, perpetually, never ending, non-stop? One word, thesaurus.

Reply to
Bourne Identity

How about a potato in the dog owner's exhaust pipe?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

There's a school of thought which says that while we think we're selectively hybridizing other species, it's actually we who are being "trained". Fascinating idea. Book: "The Botany of Desire"

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Please post the number for the telephone that rings closest to your bed. We'll wake YOU up at odd hours for a week or two and see if it changes your tune. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

In this case, you know exactly what it means and what it does not. It does NOT mean that the dog is out there 24/7. It does mean that it's out there barking long enough to piss you off, often in the middle of the night, and that it happens pretty much every day. If new dog owner puts the dog out once and it barks, and the owner realizes "Hmmm....can't have that happening any more", that's a different story.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

The message from Bourne Identity contains these words:

But your karma would be better without the gleefulness, which suggests attachment and comparison.

:-)

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

The message from Bourne Identity contains these words:

Well on the Buddhist path to Enlightenment, then.

So where exactly are you atm? On a bypass machine, waiting for a transplant? Or communing from the Other Side?

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

The message from Bourne Identity contains these words:

LOL. Oh, and Ray, while you're there...look up the meaning of "presume", before you misuse it again.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Scottish Zen? :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Why? You would be better off calling the police or your attorney to deal with noise problems rather than throw fule on the fire by duplicating the irresponsible behavior of the pet owner.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Try that sometime and let me know how it goes, OK?

Quite a few animal control employees don't know how to read the riot act to an irresponsible dog owner. So, they issue warnings instead of following the letter of the law. In many municipalities, the law says that the dog owner gets three "tickets" or whatever they're called, with steadily increasing fines, and then the dog is removed permanently. This process can often be completed within a week, if the animal control person cooperates. Instead, it can take months, even if the violation is occurring every night.

Good luck.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

That's the system we have. What you seem to be advocating is lawlessness where people simply take things into their own hands. While due process can be tedious, it is better than anarchy.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Disturbing someone's sleep in just one step shy of child molesting. Talk about anarchy....

Reply to
Doug Kanter

lawlessness

If you say so.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Well at least 80% of the people that know me wish I'd take a dirt nap.

HTH

Krause loves Smithers _________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download

to open account

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Michael Jackson is my hero! I told you he was INNOCENT!!!!!

to open account

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Feel better...is there some rule where you first must disparage the person? Afraid that what you have to say can't stand on its own muster? You might be right......

Nonetheless in this thread Doug has already disagreed with your understanding of "incessantly" in his intended context. So one may readily assume your dictionary skills were inappropriately used here....Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

And I'm sure for reasonably just cause....however most of us do not have you for a neighbor so push comes to shove we'd not wish to kill someone else on such trivial grounds....Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

Inspect the header on the message you just responded to. You've been trolled by an impostor, young man.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I didn't know dog owners had exhaust pipes. Do you mean stick it up their ass?

Reply to
Travis