Beginning to warm up

Looks like no freezing weather here for the next ten day. Keeping my fingers crossed. Set out my onions yesterday, over 100 started from seed. Then planted about 150 pea seeds. I think I can still move.

Today I will start my tomatoes in the greenhouse. If I get moving before the rain starts I may set out my broccoli and lettuce.

After that I will be very thankful to get to my water exercise class tomorrow. I can move more in the water without pain.

Then I think I will read a couple of books.

Reply to
The Cook

Just when we thought it was over ... tonight's weather prediction includes low temps tonight near 20F , sleet , ice , and snow . I'll be covering those newly-planted strawberries for sure ! The wild garlic is up , but should be OK , and I noticed that one of the walking onions that I planted in her flower boxes survived . Right now it's raining , supposed to last all day and turn to "wintry mix" by late afternoon . There go any plans to work in the garden or bring in firewood today (sigh) , I guess I'll just have to go play out in the machine shop .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Looks like at least 4 inches of global warming this morning.

Whoopee! Should make it the 2nd snowiest year ever recorded in DE.

Another foot would make it number one.

Meanwhile I've seeded my toilet paper roll pots with tomatoes.

Reply to
Frank

My 'maters are about 4" tall now ... but the lettuce I tried to start in pots has been a miserable failure , as are the brassicas I planted in starter pods . Cayennes and eggplants are doing well ... not sure about the garlic , it started out well but some of them are turning yellow and don't look well .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Frost free date here is not until May 15 and tomatoes should be started

6-8 weeks before that. I had trouble in the past starting them too early and had been buying plants. Now I'm doing some heirlooms. Don't grow nearly as much as I used to as garden is now shaded and invaded by the rats with hooves.
Reply to
Frank

You mean freezer fodder ? We live way out in the woods , if it's already in your freezer ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Not far enough out in the woods and wife does not like my solution to the deer problem. Off site relatives are in the freezer.

Reply to
Frank