Latest threads in Gardenshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I have hedges that I need to kill
I have hedges with very aggressive roots that are continuously growing into the connector of my sewer system, causing back ups and costing money to get the line snaked.. They are wildly overgrown and...

replacement canopy sides for a 10' by 20', beige in color. Its from Costo
No further details provided

HF Greenhouse,10 x 12.back brace not having one half of #48 (post connector) sticking up.
# 31 rear braces are level, fastened in lowest hole in triangle(rear corner panel) and seem to be wider than ones shown online, but are true to parts picture in instructions. Seems a hacksaw might...

akeebia
We have "chocolate vine" growing over a trellis. Am I supposed to cut it back before spring? And how far from the ground?

Which is stronger: 1" rigid conduit or 1 3/8" top rail?
I will be building a greenhouse and considering which will be stronger: 1" rigid conduit (1.315 OD) or 1 3/8" 17-Gauge Galvanized Steel Top Rail. The top rail is half the price so it is attractive. Is...

how much is a 25 ft plum tree worth
lady hit my plum tree with her car and now it is dying, need to get estimate for insurance co.
2
2

Wilkinsons Garden Furniture now needs repair...
The proliferation of the timber slatted/ornate metal ends and backpolate furniture - typically sold annually in Winlkinsons and Robert Dyas, is made from timber that weathers poorly. I have a bench...
2
2

How best should I protect veggies from rabbits?
No further details provided

Ransom strip
The front of my house has a council owned strip within my curtilage for future highways improvement which won't happen. I wish to purchase this 'ransom strip' so that I can use my side garden as a...

what oil for simplicity 413rt worm gear thanks
looking for weight oil

How close can arbor vitae be planted to a chain link fence? Can they have their branches touching it, or even extending through it?
We have a chain-link fence that runs parallel to our property line, 2-3 feet on our side of the line. We would like to plant a privacy hedge on the other side of the fence, on our property. Our...
4
4

need to clean leaves out of rubber mulch
I have rubber mulch in my flower beds (that contain rose bushes) and haven't found an easy way to clean the leaves out of them.

where can I exchange a 13kg Butane Maxigas bottle for a 13kg propane
I have a 13kg butane gas bottle by Maxigas, the company has been dissolved. Where can I swap it for a 13kg propane bottle?

Can conduit pipe used for hand water pump?
I am making a simple hand pump to bring river water to my vegetable garden. I bought some pvc pipe from a local recycled materials place. It turned out to be electrical conduit pipe. I asked the...
6
6

how much borax will kill a plant
I recently began making my own laundry soap with borax and washing soda, both of which can harm plants and the soil. we use the water to irrigate our tomato and cantelope plants. I was really excited...
4
4