Footrest won't stay up

The footrest on my lazy-boy won't stay up unless the back is reclined at least one stage. When we first got these my husband's had this problem and the lazy boy person fixed it by either shortening or lengthening the material between the footrest and the chair? Can anyone provide information or guidance on how to fix this on mine? It's a minor irritation, but that irritation grows the more I try to use it. Would be nice to be able to fix it with minimum cost and effort.

Reply to
Drkmship