Latest threads in Electricalshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Could the GFCI that is in kitchen downstairs and the one in the bathroom upstairs, go bad on consecutive days?
The reset button shot across the room from the kitchen GFCI receptacle last night. Tonight, the same thing occurred in the upstairs bathroom GFCI receptacle. Is it possible that both GFCI receptacles...
2
2

I have an outdoor electrical question
I have an outside electrical outdoor receptacle question? I have two wires from an indoor switch running outdoor receptacle that is not a GFI. Off the receptacle, is a four wire (red, black, white,...
4
4

How does the automatic transfer switch work if there is no electricity coming in?
What is the power source to make the switch work?
2
2

are siemens QP breakers interchangable with QT tandem breakers
No further details provided

wiring digram for a 5kc48sg573t ge motor
No further details provided
2
2

what purpose is the red light on pole transformers use for rural residential distribution?
No further details provided

i need a start capacitor and a run cap
No further details provided

I have a fan/light w/remote connected to a 3 way switch. Both switches work. The fan light will start blinking even if the remote is off.
Since the 3 way switches operate correctly (both give power to the remote), I am at a loss as to what the problem is or how to fix it.

Replacement door for breaker box
I don't want to pull the entire box out and rewire a new one. I just need a new door because the old one had opening issues and I tore it off in a fit of fury. Where can I find just a door to replace...

picking up hum from neighborhood broadcasting equipment what shielding should I use? help
Picking up hum on electrical appliances from neighbors broadcasting equipment. What wiring shields should I use to block this.

Need help on a tripping breaker
Lost my business & now use a storage place for the allow a lil use of electricity plus thankfully they are also patient to let me work on my motorbike or car.I worked on a couple of old customers bike...

Wire Color Question
I recently replaced a noisy bathroom fan and light fixture. There were two runs with two switches (one for the fan and one for the light on the same fixture). One of the existing runs in the attic was...
2
2

Outlets in upstairs bedroom don't work
Outlets in upstairs bedroom don't work. Want to find what breaker belongs to the outlets,I think the breaker is bad
6
6

Are halogen flood light sizes BR-40 and R-40 interchangeable?
No further details provided
2
2

Where can I purchase Honda household cogeneration unit?
No further details provided