Latest threads in Electricalshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What does the number on a pole transformer mean? 25 or 50? It is outside my 3rd floor bedroom window
No further details provided

What happens to equipment if one 120 volt leg of a two leg 240 volt service is lost?
We have 240 volt service to our Church with two 120 volt leads/legs and a neutral lead. A transformer on the pole failed during a lightning storm dropping one 120 volt lead. Electronic equipment in...
1
1

all the outlets on my slide out on my travel trailer went out, GFI's are working
No further details provided

Where to put my connection box for my illuminated mirror?
Hello -I have an IP44 illuminated mirror to put on the wall. It has a flex coming out of the back. Trouble is, the cable for the lighting circuit sticks straight out of a freshly plastered brick wall,...

My air conditioner breaker to the outside unit keeps tripping during heavy rain
The breaker to my outside heatpump/ac unit keeps tripping every time we get large amounts of rain. It seems to be getting worse? Is there a way water could be getting in to trip it?

Cost of replacing breaker box ?????
No further details provided

Doorbell extension wiring
I'm really confused on this ... and it should not be that difficult :) I have a doorbell/chime in the main part of the house. It is wired from the front and back buttons with a transformer in the...

Where can I get a reset button for a 5 hp motor
No further details provided

When plugged into a bathroom gfi, a starter did not trip,but did when outside. ?
When my charcoal starter was plugged into a bathroom GFI, it did not trip. However when the same starter was plugged into the outside GFI, it would continue to trip. I purchased a new GFI and the same...

What can you do if your positive and negative wires aren't long enough to reach
I'm trying to hook speakers up to a motorcycle and the positive and negative wires aren't long enough to reach battery, what can I do? Is there a specific wire I have to use? Please help
1
1

i need a wiring diagram for a ge motor mod.5KCR49SN2038CXC
No further details provided

my rcd trips out when I turn off the top oven (not every time ).
I turn top oven off it trips rcd all the sockets go off but the cooker still works

I have no power in light switch
I have no power in light switch, is there a way I can trouble shoot possible problem

A plumber changed a riser pipe from CPVC piping to copper piping to the water heater along the wall of the garage for approximately 30 feet
bonding water pipe

I need the manufacturer of ceiling fan E77491 Model 52SQTB to replace light fixture. It was installed in 1990.
No further details provided