Latest threads in Electricalshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

repairing pvc pipe
I cracked a 1/2" PVC conduit running along the ceiling. No wires inside were damaged and I need to know how to repair the conduit without pulling all the wires out!

what causes lights to flicker when main breaker is flipped on?
the breaker also makes frying sound and one room of wallsockets don"t work. Does this mean the main circuit breaker is bad? old house. i turned it off and on and lights which didn't work before now...

I am using a Craftman Multi Meter Model Number 82025. I need help on to check a fuse to make sure it is OK
No further details provided

How to get rid of the Electrical pole in my back yard which was not there when I signed the house.
Hi , we selected and signed the house with lot premiums in the month of April. after few weeks we saw a pole to the corner of our lot n asked the sales person regarding that for which she said that...

the fan works, but lights don't on ceiling fan
One light bulb was burned out. when the bulb was changed and lights turned on, all bulbs blew. Now no lights. But fan still works It is a Hunter fan

How do I fight a cancellation fee that I didn't know about?
I received a letter from my recently discontinued electric supplier that according to their contract I have to pay a $1000 cancellation fee. First, I didn't receive a contract from them and secondly I...
2
2

what are the reason of failure for blower motor in Top Drive System?
No further details provided [IMG]

what causes voltage too high at an outlet
No further details provided

Troubleshooting a GFCI outlet?
Hi everyone, We just bought our first home and I am completely clueless. I have never had to do anything repair related before, so I'm learning as I go. I want to get good at this, so before I...
16
16

require replacement battery for my Spotliter 9360B Yype 2.6 V DC
No further details provided
2
2

Bulldog pushmatic circuit breaker 31130
Hi I replaced the Bulldog pushmatic circuit breaker 31130 with a Connecticut Electric UBIP-130. It seems like a good fit, voltage and current wise, but I can't find a document that confirms whether...

when I turn on my wall switch make a spark is this dangerous
No further details provided

Why is there a little red light on top of my transformer only on at night
No further details provided
2
2

Need Backup Generator
I have a definite problem now that we're one of the states that got hit with Superstorm Sandy last year. Now we do need a backup generator for: 1. An elderly person with no close relatives to stay in...
6
6

wiring 3 way to 2 lights with 12/2 wire
i have 12/2 wire for 2 lights and want 3 way switches i'm looking for a wiring diagram
2
2