Homemade Insecticides - Tobaco

I listed the site

The killfile is very effective. I can recommend it's usage.

Reply to
FarmI

One post seems like a complement by calling me "less venal" less corruptible and this post recommends the kill file on me :)

Interesting, very interesting :)

Reply to
Nad R

Well I don't consider you venal but the new David seems to do so.

And I do recommend the killfile. I use it to reduce the amount of rubbish posts :-))

I wouldn't have thought so :-))

Reply to
FarmI

As I read FarmI's post, I saw it as her recommending that you, Nad R, should killfile Gunner. I could be wrong but either way it shows how arguments start and continue.

Mike

Reply to
Bloke Down The Pub

I will not kill file anyone. I enjoyed gunners comments and his links. I believe in free speech. I will listen to those that I disagree with. The reason for this is, I base my life on reason. I do not any trust reason because it is based on presuppositions. If I find my presuppositions are wrong then the reasoning conclusions could be wrong and then I need to re-evaluate my thoughts.

It is those that always agree with me are the ones that I do not listen to. Because I will learn nothing from them, therefore a waste of time. If my opponents cannot defend his position then it reaffirms my reasoning and presuppositions.

Reply to
Nad R

I still have an old bottle of Black Leaf 40 insecticide -- nicotine sulfate. It's one of the few home use poisons with a "DANGER!" warning on the label. I'm afraid to use it in my garden or on seedlings just in case it's contaminated with tobacco mosaic virus. (from what I remember, it works great on African violets.) It's probably OK, but I don't want to take the chance.

There's no way I would use actual tobacco juice in my garden.

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Was not my intent. The miss information I was refuting came from Gunny, who should have a warning lable, "Danger, Corporate Shill".

The only person from Oz that I would hold accountable would be Ruppert.

Reply to
Billy

A great site as a distraction from Gunny's stupid statement, but has no connection to the subject under discussion.

Reply to
Billy

It has worked well for me. Gunny occasionally has useful information, but more often he is just bored and trying to start an argument which he will press with obfuscation, and distractions.

Reply to
Billy

Steady Nad, FarmI was suggesting a KF for Gunny. A suggestion which has saved me time.

Reply to
Billy

Agreed, my extensive use of the kill file has weeded out the Dr. Chung knuckle-heads in sci.med.cardiology (about 75% of the posts). Makes reading the group much more efficient.

Reply to
Billy

Me too. I never used to use the kill file but eventually I realised just how much time I was wasting reading stuff that I didn't have to bother with.

Reply to
FarmI

You and lil frannie mae keep saying this kill file thingie. Yet, here you both are crowing about the same thing, still hoping to stir up some some revolutionary support here in the barnyard for your cause.

The solution is really quite simple, lil billy. DON=92T READ IT. No one can force you to read against your will, can they? Much less take the conscious effort to write and express your disdain when someone doesn't buy into your myopic eco-warrior CS. And yet, =85..here you are... again!

It is a repetitious pattern with you two. you and your ilk need a nemesis to keep this facade of being the champion c*ck. You feed on it... that and the weak. It helps you escape your little Walter Mitty existence. You know if you couch your words just so.... you can sound like your standing up to da man. If you cherry pick the right Amazon book listing you can pull off the pseudo intellectual part as well, if you can divert the attention to your message, plus your safely protected by internet anonymity . Ya, there will always be some in the yard that will follow. But know the flock is fickle.

Actually, it is fun for me to have you pretend you will kill fileme .... this time for sure, right? This way I get to make fun of you to your face and despite your surreptitious reading, you can't respond till someone trips the pretense.. and only then do you get to express your self-righteous indignation and do your your eco warrior dance for the crowd.

So... hey, .... love the kf plan!

BTW fannie. your answer is... because it was inconsequential, and yes, billy did get it wrong....again

Reply to
Gunner

I live in a traditional tobacco(burley) growing area. It is quite common to see the stalks used as fertilizer after the cured leaves are pulled from them. They are mostly used on lawns and pasture, rarely on gardens. Tobacco mosaic disease will affect vegetables in the nightshade family. The fertilized break down is 2-1-7 and apparently readily soluble by rainwater. Occasionally the stalks are used for staking pole beans. Those who use them claim the advantage of free fertilizer and no bugs, but if you dig in the ground after the growing season there are no earthworms. I have helped my father and others produce tobacco in younger days and wouldn't recommend eating anything tobacco was used on. From the time they sprout the plants are treated with fungicides, pesticides, herbicides (in the field prior to planting) and hormones (to prevent the plants from producing suckers after they are topped (flower buds removed)). I personally have experienced nicotine "highs", especially from handling the cured leaves. If you are really such a tightwad learn to hand pick and use inspectoral soap.

Reply to
Steve Peek