IP44 rated bathroom cabinets

Anyone know why I can easily get hold of an illuminated bathroom mirror complete with shaver socket and rated at IP44 - but when I try and find a mirror fronted bathroom cabinet with light and shaver socket - they are all rated IP24 and not suitable for Zone 2 installation.

I want to put the cabinet above the wash-basin and inbetween the shower cubicle and the bath. The gap between the cubicle and the bath is 700 mm and so virtually the entire gap is Zone 2.

It's very frustrating!

If anyone knows of a contemporary bathroom cabinet, complete with light and shaver socket, that is IP44 rated - let me know!

Kev

Reply to
Uno-Hoo!

Hi Kev.

Here is one

They also have a few others.

You could also try this

I am confused why it needs to be IP44 for Zone 2.

Liquid Ingress protection is the same for 24 and 44.

IP24/44

First Number = (Protection against solid objects)

2= Protected against solids objects over 12mm (e.g. fingers)

4 = Protected against solids objects over 1mm (e.g. tools, wires and small wires)

Second Number = Second number (Protection against liquids)

4=Protected against sprays from all directions - limited ingress permitted

Info taken from

Baz

Reply to
Baz