IP44 bathroom mirror

Purchased one from CPC and I want to ensure that if Building Control ever catch me and I need to submit a retrospective approval the installation conforms to IEE 17th regs. Obviously a bathroom installation in zone 2 but the integral lighting/isolation transformer shaver socket can either be supplied by a rear cable entry or a top panel flex. Is direct connection to a lighting circuit still allowed or should/can I install via an FCU and cable (my intended option) in the "safe" zone.

I still have a stock 1.5T&E in red/black so it could be an existing circuit.

Thanks

Peter K

Reply to
PeterK

Unless the instructions specifically require additional fused protection at say 3A, then there is no reason not to connect it to the lighting circuit if that is the easiest way for you. If however you were feeding from a higher capacity circuit, then you would require the FCU[1].

As has been said many times before blue brown was in use prior to part P and red black still in use after it - so it tells you nothing. The date code printed on the mirror etc may say otherwise though ;-)

[1] And that would probably include a lighting circuit if it was a 10A one rather than 6A - however it would depend on the type of lampholder in the mirror.
Reply to
John Rumm

Many thanks for the advice

Peter K

Reply to
PeterK

Like for like replacement is not notifiable.

Hasn't the limit on 6A circuits for SES/SBC lampholders been lifted, or were you thinking of the actual lampholder ratings?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If he is running in a new feed for it, then it does not sound much like one though ;-)

I had not noticed - although that does not mean it hasn't been though....

Reply to
John Rumm