Housing starts and "natural population growth" (aka land depletion)

PeterD wrote

Wota stunningly rational line of argument you have there, child.

Yep. You watch.

Reply to
sam

Strabo wrote

Nope, its too hard to control.

Should be a real good killer.

Too hard to control.

Reply to
sam

Disease will be the weapon of choice.

An 1918 influenza strain was recently genetically 'mated' with bird flu. Should be a real good killer.

Reply to
Strabo

Could you give us an example? Tadej

Reply to
Tadej Brezina

There are other "methods" like famine and illness too. But is it a matter of preference or just likeliness what kind of mechanism regulates the population once it hits some treshold?

Tadej

Reply to
Tadej Brezina

Rational? What is rational about thinking that having nukes will prevent WW-III? Your thought process went out the door when there became more than four nuclear powers. And non-nuclear powers won't let that deter them since they know that the nuclear powers won't quickly respond with nukes. You need to study history a bit more, learn a bit more about your fellow man, then make informed judgments, not snap responses based on ill-logic.

Watching...

Reply to
PeterD

Gee, do I have to? I think most of the readers understand how a mostly export market works.

I can see why you would refute that. It allows the illusion you hold to exist.

For our limited minds, the universe is infinite. But, the subject is the earth anyway. Nice distraction.

Again, we're talking about the earth. Not some partial scope of it. If you want to digress, fine. Count me out.

True, usable space, a matter that people deny in such an observation, choose to ignore.

I won't even touch natural resources comment, given the education on a wide gamet of sources has provided to date.

Humans generally appear to operate with their minds day to day. In the bigger time picture in terms of decades, they operate innately and emmotionally modified somewhat with their minds. In the end observation, irrational, but natural regardless.

Precisely. The original post is tearing at an economic system with no alternate and viable solution to replace it with.

Reply to
Dioclese

Tadej Brezina wrote

There is no endless growth of anything, not even population in the first world if you take out immigration.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Even someone as stupid as you should have notice the time since WW2 ended compared with the time between WW1 and WW2.

Nope, that ensure that they wont be involved in another world war.

Doesnt matter whether its quickly or not, no one would be stupid enough to try what Japan tried last time again when they can be nuked back to the stone age if they were that stupid.

You wouldnt know what a real snap response was if it bit you on your lard arse, child.

And thats what yours was anyway.

We wont even see war between India and Pakistan again either, you watch.

Reply to
sam

Tadej Brezina wrote

other large animal grew its numbers like

periodic population expansions and

UNnatural and should never be encouraged just

in the last century. War and abortions

Havent needed any of those in the modern first world. Every single one isnt even self replacing on population if you take out immigration now.

Even china got a clue too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Dioclese wrote

population growth" justifies and/or will absorb

i.e. new homes on untouched land, are

ever-increasing population. That's a

Corse you do when you made that claim.

Pity about your claim.

75,000,000, with U.S. population growth at

It isnt an illusion, its a fact. Have fun listing the last time that human population was related to predators.

UNnatural and should never be encouraged

Its so close to unlimited that it doesnt matter.

Nope.

Pathetic excuse for bullshit.

twisted 180 degrees in your

take out immigration.

It remains to be seen if the same thing that produced that result right thruout the modern first world wont eventually apply to the entire earth.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

You're lying, again. The absolute vast bulk of the space is usable for habitation.

And if most were living at the same population density as HongKong or New York, you need f*ck all space for that anyway.

gamet of sources has provided to date.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

All we ever do with all except energy resources is move them from one place to another. We dont even significantly lower the density of the resources either.

And if we ever do end up with a problem with energy resources, we can always use nukes instead of fossil fuels.

dying off as a result for one reason or the

Irrelevant to what happens over the long haul.

emmotionally modified somewhat with their

Meaningless waffle.

solution provided.

alternate and viable solution to replace it

And we dont need one.

economy cycle, consumers are. 2 different

Reply to
Rod Speed

Huh? What's that got to do with it?

that stupid.

Ok, if you say so, it must be true...

Reply to
PeterD

Even you can't actually be THAT stupid.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
sam

OK, explain it to us in simple terms... Where is your data that correlates the likelyhood of a WW to the span of time between them? Or perhaps there is a world rule on it? Or a natural law?

Reply to
PeterD

Just how many of you are there between those ears ?

Even you can't actually be THAT stupid.

Reply to
sam

if you take out immigration.

You seem to be right. That no material thing can grow endlessly is a no brainer for the material world. I'm not an astronomer, but they still seem to argue, how the universe is going to expand further. Nevertheless the intelligence thing might also be restricted to finite borders, as e.g. people can't become endlessly intelligent and their number is also finite, hence the result is finite.

regards Tadej

Reply to
Tadej Brezina

other large animal grew its numbers like

their periodic population expansions and

UNnatural and should never be encouraged just

in the last century. War and abortions

Yes, but the world is not a first world as a whole and those "methods" may become known to the first world again, if some borders of carrying capacity get stretched over.

Love that sentence, or why the repeating ad nauseam? Tadej

Reply to
Tadej Brezina

Tadej Brezina wrote

75,000,000, with U.S. population growth at

their periodic population expansions and

UNnatural and should never be encouraged

killed in the last century. War and abortions

Yes, but the same thing may spread to the rest of the world.

of carrying capacity get stretched

Nope, we wont even see another world war, essentially nukes have eliminated that possibility now.

immigration now.

Some are so stupid that repetition is all that works.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sez who?? . .

--