Housing starts and "natural population growth" (aka land depletion)

you need a lot of energy to split the water and take the hydrogen.

We would not have so much energy for such futility as running our personal cars to go from our homes to our job sites. Leopoldo

Reply to
Geode

They didnt.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have never ever had a clue about anything at all, ever.

Its actually the proof that Malthus never did have a clue.

Not for anything even remotely resembling 2K years tho.

And NOT ONE modern first world country is even self replacing on population if you take out immigration and the largest country in the entire world isnt growing at that rate either.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not a chance. Isreal would nuke them back the stone age before they got a chance to do that.

A hell of a lot of them arent. Have a look at Indonesia sometime.

Which just happens to be by far the biggest muslim country in the entire world.

Nope, you watch.

Reply to
Rod Speed

He's a pig ignorant fool. Have a look at Brazil sometime.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That utterly mangles what actually happened.

It 'proves' nothing of the sort.

Have fun explaining why no other small island that size got that result.

Your problem.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Geode wrote

In fact what actually happened is that NOT ONE modern first world country is even self replacing on population if you take out immigration.

No exploding in pieces or collapsing either.

Clearly the first world doesnt need anything like that. JUST industrialization.

Wrong, as always. The only thing we have any problem with is transport fuels and that is trivially fixable by changing to nukes and heating out houses with the power from them instead of wasting natural gas on heating houses and use that as a transport fuel for our cars.

Completely pointless going that route.

Makes a hell of a lot more sense to use nukes and heat our houses as well.

Not even possible.

Nope, what would be needed to get to that would be nothing like much easier.

Corse you are always welcome to hang yourself any time you like.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Because a dutch ship showed up and decimated the population with european diseases.

Because they had brought rats with them and those reached plague proportions very quickly and they ate the seeds of those trees.

All it actually proves is that tiny islands can be very vulnerable ecologically.

Your problem. Have a look at what the west has achieved sometime.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It is interesting that only China is making a serious attempt to limit growth with it's one child policy and they are dead serious about it. It sounds harsh but they will probably avert millions of horrible deaths by famine.

One hundred million couples with a third child add one hundred million additional people to the planet and they all need recourses and space. I really get irritated at some self proclaimed environmentalist with 3 or 4 kids trying to limit my property rights. The president should get on a bully pulpit and talk about responsible family size. With that said - I don't see it ending well. It is inevitable that we will become as crowded as India with slums to match. Also - big business loves cheap abundant labor.

Reply to
Robert Olin

It is indeed.

That isnt going to happen. We dont see famine anymore except where the country has degenerated into the most obscene levels of civil war and civil chaos or is dinosauring away like with North Korea.

That isnt a problem in the first world which isnt even self replacing now on population if you take out immigration.

kids trying to limit my property rights.

That all averages out fine in the first world now.

No need, we've fixed the problem without that in the modern first world.

It clearly did with the first world and china. It remains to be seen if places like India and the third world will ever come to their senses.

Not in the first world.

Not anymore. They have enough of a clue to get that sort of thing done in china now, where the labor is vastly cheaper than it can ever be in the first world anymore.

exterminated all the marine birds that

also to chop down some trees to make ropes

Reply to
Rod Speed

The TFRs in the USA are exactly at replacment levels.

Reply to
George Conklin