New housing

Looks like we may have opportunity to help our fellow man. Just got out of jail? You get a new house. Managed to sneak across the border? You get a new house. Earn a good living and pay taxes? Sorry, find your own house.

Omar's $1.2 Trillion 'Homes for All Act' Heralded as Ambitious Addition to Green New Deal Framework The 10-year plan to build millions of sustainable, affordable housing units is called "a new mile marker in the progressive left's efforts to stake out a national housing agenda."

According to a fact sheet (pdf) from Omar's office, the legislation "establishes a new vision of how 21st Century public and affordable housing should look and operate" by requiring that all new housing units built with the allocated funds:

Remain permanently affordable; Be integrated, to the best possible extent with public transit and vehicle alternatives like walking and biking, while allowing for flexibility to accommodate the needs and resources of rural, metropolitan, and Tribal areas; Be designed, built, and operated to the highest possible environmental standard, with a focus on minimizing energy costs and achieving carbon neutrality; Prohibit any discrimination against residents based on sexual orientation, gender, criminal history, or immigration status; Be located in communities that are in compliance with the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule in order to ensure fair and equal access; And provide residents with free, voluntary wrap-around services that help address the needs of those experiencing chronic homelessness or housing instability—like access to healthcare, employment, or education assistance, childcare, financial literacy class, and other community-based support services.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I think this has already been tried. It was called Cabrini-Green. How did that work out??

Reply to
Ken

As I recall, the residents (mostly democrats) were very hostile toward the taxpayers that payed for their free housing.

Police records reveal a lot of hate crimes against taxpayers.

As a show of gratitude, the residents eventually destroyed the Cabrini-Green complex.

Reply to
taxpayer

Most of them worked quite well initially when there were a mix of high, middle and low income residents. It wasn't until all the highs and middles moved out that things deteriorated.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Yeah, nobody wants to live with dope fiends, hookers and thugs. These days, people who can afford it, live behind gates in a HOA, deed restricted community or they have acreage, miles from the fetid city. I suppose next, you are going to deny that more than half of the homeless have drug, alcohol or mental problems. Do you want that next to your house? I didn't think so.

Reply to
gfretwell

Sadly, not only does the working taxpayer have to buy their own house but the democrats want them to buy one for an illegal/criminal/welfarecrat.

I'll never figure out why working taxpayers keep voting for democrats.

Reply to
devnull

Because they are still dumb enough to think it is still the party of the working man.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

BINGO!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Ken

It was sustainable... Until they planted the charges that is. That's not the only high rise, or low rise for that matter, failure. Omar fails to realize you might be able to temporarily take the people out of the slums but you can't take the slums out of the people for more than a few years.

Reply to
rbowman

I think you have your cause and effect sequence ass backwards.

Reply to
rbowman

In nmany cases it is BOTH.

Reply to