fried bacon troubles.

We deep fry our bacon! It doesn't shrink as much and you get very little smoke or odor into the house.

TTUL Gary

"ghbt" wrote:

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

You forgot:

  1. Shoot the kid
  2. Replace the kid with one that doesn't like bacon
  3. Move out and leave the flat to the kid
  4. Call out the National Guard

:-)

Reply to
Dan Abel

Put a spatter screen over the skillet. (You'll need a plate or something to put the greasy shield on when you remove it from the skillet.) The shield will help retain heat. The pan won't have to be as hot and there won't as much smoke or odor.

Reply to
Choreboy

No... in otherwords, you made a statement on which you know nothing about and was proved wrong. Just be a man and admit when you are wrong. Believe it or not, we all are wrong from time to time...

Reply to
C. Massey

Of course I know nothing about bacon ....... that's the funny part.

Another idea for the parents who are gettin' tired of the smell of bacon is to get their son to convert to Judaism.

Joel

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen

  1. Get the kid to convert to Judaism.

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen

Tell the kid to smoke pot outside and he won't have to fry bacon to mask the odor.

Frying bacon is a very common practice for masking both cigarette and marijuana smoke odors.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I LOVE it!

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen

lol u learn something new very day (tho i'm waay past the days of needing that tip LOL)

Reply to
Amber Gibson

Open a window. But there's something wrong with the bacon, I think, if it 'stinks' up the flat.

Reply to
Arri London

No, that's bacon that is already cooked when you buy it - pre-cooked bacon is raw.

Reply to
Bob Ward

electric griddle from a thrift store (or similar) plugged in outdoors. have him make huge batches at a time.

Reply to
SoCalMike

Has anybody tried this precooked bacon? I've seen it in the stores, but never bought it because the bonus to cooking bacon is that it also produces bacon grease, which is the best thing for frying eggs in. I also use bacon grease for sauteeing onions for soups ano other dishes.

To cut down on the aroma, which I love, you may want to invest in one of those microwavable bacon dishes and nuke it instead. They sell those dishes at Walmart; they are pretty cheap. I prefer my bacon nuked, because it doesn't curl up like bacon fried on the stove, and the grease is collected in the bottom of the tray and there is less mess if you put a paper towel over the dish before putting it in the microwave.

Reply to
mpoconnor7

I've used precooked bacon. It's ok but not really very good. It's paper thin, not crispy, barely bacon flavor. If I'm gonna clog up my arteries, better make it count! I nuke regular bacon too.

Reply to
Amber Gibson

Hey thanx! I was wondering where the heck I could buy this stuff....after having gotten a free can at a yd sale. (nozzle was missing, I just used my thumbnail)

Reply to
Jon von Leipzig

Amongst the more enlightened, incense is commonly used. I'd buy him some, see if he's still so fond of burnt bacon.

Reply to
Jon von Leipzig

\I love the smell of bacon while it's cooking, before we've eaten it. But I don't like the smell to linger all day....

Reply to
Chris Neidecker

That's funny, I have been moved to smoke to get rid of the smell. My son likes to cook bacon also. I just don't buy it often, or I buy the maple flavored from Canada, it has less odor. A good vent would be helpful. Karen

Reply to
Frayed

A fellow at work went on a ski weekend and the condo they were renting was smoke free. He told me they fried up 7 pounds of bacon in three days. I don't think they were Marlboro butt in the ashtray either.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Don't normally eat the stuff myself - too much of a mess to clean up. Bacon on a BBQ steak is great when cooked outdoors.

Anyway here's a suggestion. Use one of those deep fryers for potato chips and cook a whole batch of bacon. I think you can be frugal by storing this oil with bacon fat for the next batch. My anticipation is that deep frying bacon in oil will keep vaporizing the oil to the minimum. Put the precooked bacon on a sieve to drain off the excess grease. Prepack the precooked bacon in meal sized portions and store in a fridge. To eat nuke the protion in a microwave oven in between paper towels to absorb the excess grease and to minumize spatter. I think that should result in hot crispy bacon strips that would have only minimal grease.

Reply to
PaPaPeng