Small flat heating suggestions

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a small flat, 450 sqft. The current ocupents heat it by using plug in electric convector heaters! How much would either an E7 installation cost, or a small combi plan boiler and 2 or 3 rads?

Thanks

Reply to
James Salisbury

Live with it for a time.

We made the mistake of installing gas CH in our London flat. It was completely unnecessary because enough heat rises from the flat below to keep our flat warm. In fact it's more usual for us to have the windows open even in mid winter.

Reply to
Steve Firth

CH adds value to the property. Also the function of the instant hot water and hot towel rails from the combi is appealing.

Reply to
IMM

In article , James Salisbury writes

The boiler could be a problem if there isn't gas in the building. I used to have a flat, and the freeholder refused to consider the idea of gas in the building on safety grounds, and even if he had allowed it, it would have been interesting getting the supply up to the flat.

Mine was heated using a couple of storage heaters on E7. Worked sort of OK (I don't feel the cold that much), but old heaters and 11.5 ft high ceilings are not that good a combination on a cold winters evening.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson