Tile grout in small quantity

Hi,

Replacing a couple of tiles over the kitchen countertop. Need just a bit of grout, but instructions on the box are for big quantity.

What's the rule of thumb for mixing grout powder with water in small amounts? I know you have to wait 10 min before using it, after it's mixed.

Is the ratio of grout to water that critical, or should I just go by what seems right?

Regards,

RichK

Reply to
RichK

I have heard that the consistency of toothpaste is about right, and that seems like a pretty good guideline to me.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake