WOT: Gun Buy Outs

Page 7 of 7

Supposedly the guns are destroyed, right?

I don't know about running serial numbers, but the big brag here was destroying the "guns," all one of them.
"LD" wrote:

Here in L/A, all guns are checked via serial # to verify they are not stolen, on a wanted list, etc, IOW "clean", before they are melted down and turned into rebar.
Lew
<...snipped...>

That's right up there with Santa and the tooth fairy.
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
LD wrote:

When the program first started in Buffalo I contacted a friend of mine who was the police officer in charge of the firing range for the Buffalo Police. I asked about the possibility of purchasing one or more of the turned in firearms. He told me they were all to be destroyed with out exception. He said that the paper trail was so tight there wasn't even a way that he could get one.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA