What Would Heidegger Say About The Wreck?

Page 2 of 2

Me too.

Both of yuz is ole goats.
"Man is nothing but what he makes of himself. Such is the first principle of existentialism."
J. P. Sartre, 1947
But it's so, like, tough, you know? making yourself, because you're both sculptor and clay. Or wood and worker, eh?
Discuss.
Bob
But then, Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow.
Oscar Wilde

Bob Schmall writes:

Funny. I had to make an emergency pit stop earlier today. Lowe's, of course. As I came out, I noticed that the entrance doors had a huge NO EXIT sign on them. Reminded me of ol' Jean Paul at that time.
Charlie Self
"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf." Will Rogers

of
course. As

them.
And that reminds me of the last episode of Seinfeld.
Bob
Bob Schmall writes:

I know I'm missing something, somewhere, but I have never been able to get through more than 2-3 minutes of Seinfeld. I find him almost as funny as my grandkids were 5 years ago (at 8 and 9 respectively...as teenagers, they're even less funny).
Charlie Self
"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf." Will Rogers
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

Well Charlie, we agree on a few things. :-) I watched one or two episodes of Seinfeld; what I thought was really funny is that someone actually convinced people to invest in producing this show. Even more funny that people actually watched this show.

on
my
they're
In the final episode of Seinfeld, the four leading characters, a bunch of self-absorbed fools, are locked up together in the same cell for a year. In "No Exit," three very diverse, recently dead people wind up in a room in (literally) Hotel Hell with the door locked. As the story unfolds, it becomes apparent that they will never be able to coexist, creating their own hell. Sartre's point is that humans make their own lives and afterlives. Not a freakin' chance that this could be ObWW.
Bob

He'd probably have crossposted to rec.photo, and not unreasonably so.
What connection does The Wreck have with woodworking, and how much with tool collecting ? How much do cameras have to do with photography, and how much with male costume jewellery ?
When I first started reading rec.wood, I couldn't believe how many "What table saw should I buy ?" questions there were. Then I got my first table saw, and saw the point. Then I got my Wadkin and stopped worrying about it.

This is a classic error that woodworkers have made throughout history. You see, a chair is really just a tool for eating dinner. Woodworkers focus on the chair as some sort of project, rather than as a tool that should fade into the background.

I don't think so, but he might have been a pretty good dinner eater.
snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) wrote in message

Absolutely. And the table is really just an instrument for holding the dinner to be eaten. And the food is just a tool for providing us sustenance. And the houses we live in are just to protect us from the elements. And ...

And I expect he would have been happy eating the same thing every day.
ObWW -- How much wood would John Stuart Mill mill if John Stuart Mill could mill wood?
Chuck Vance Just say (tmPL) I Kant believe I'm really doing this.
snipped-for-privacy@swt.edu (Conan the Librarian) wrote:

(remove all letters after y in the alphabet)
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:54:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) wrote:

I submit the following to you in the interest of science. You may draw your own confusions.
Comparison of Google hits in rec.norm v. rec.food.cooking using the same search terms. Data valid as of October 7, 2003 - 1600 eastern.
Search Term    rec.food.cooking        rec.norm
pot        40,600            2,550
pan        57,100            1,600
meat        81,500            2,130
potato        23,600            443