what would YOU do about this glue

I have a little project going on

Im trying to restore concrete porch stoop and stairs

they are covered in old outdoor carpet glue

OLD GLUE

I bought 6 gallons of Adhesive Remover from Lowes, @ $25.00 a gallon whew

it works great! it makes the glue soft and I can scrape it right off...

EXCEPT for the stairs... they are more porous and the scraper just sorta cuts the now mushy glue...but "peels" the glue from the pits....(tiny tiny pits.. you know...)

when I scrape an area it sorta looks fuzzy... something like that.. it won't lift it from the pores, even though the glue in the pores is soft too...

now.. a wire brush and LOTS of remover make's it look nice... but that's too much stripper to buy

I got them down where if I painted.. it would look very nice..

however! after my customer seen her old porch again... she wants to take it down to the bone and not paint it... or she would LIKE to...

so! that's cool.. but how can I get all the glue off..

you think sandblasting might work? If so...

would you reccommend a hopper type or a closed container type...

the latter being more aggressive...

do you think sandblasting will work?

what about muriatic acid?

do you think sandblasting might be too agressive.. etc..

Thanks for any ideas

NO AL BUNDY'S PLEASE

YEAH YOU! BUNDY! THAT'S RIGHT

YOU'D PROBABLY USE EZ OFF OVEN CLEANER WOULDNTCHA!

Reply to
yeeha

wayne

hey good idea, that might work! (with the cheese cloth)

hmmm

that just might work

Reply to
yeeha

Pressure washing @ 3000psi with a zero degree "rotating tip" will remove this....and anything else from concrete (including the surface if your not carefull)

yeeha wrote:

Reply to
Italian Mason

"yeeha" wrote in news:1156606097.845405.20490 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Bigbadbarry! Where the hell have you been? Have missed your warped sense of humor.

Also too expensive. Throw clams on the stoop. Dump Chickens (aka Seagulls) will flock on it and chow. And of course, gulls shit, shit and then shit. Shit while they fly, shit while they sleep, shit when they eat. Seagull shit will strip barnacles off rock that have been on there for decades.

It pays to Know Your Birds Barry.

Al...

Reply to
Al Bundy

it would be my luck the cloth would ALSO become permanent to the porch there I would stand explaining to my customer how that happened

Reply to
yeeha

oh i've been over at alt.pinktea making fun of old rich women

aww shhhitty cry chicken livers all over the porch THE HELL YOU DOIN SON?

Reply to
yeeha

I'd try the remover, and pressure wash it off. Just my thoughts, I haven't actually tested this. Just don't blast the surface off the concrete.

Bob

Reply to
Bob