The WRECK Comes Through

I am nearly stunned by the response to Bob Schmall's request for replacements for my wife's Christmas ornaments. The box came today, with ornaments from as far afield as Ireland and Green Valley Lake, CA, with a stop in Oregon and another in Saskatoon.

Frances had her best Christmas in a couple years a couple weeks early. Materials ranged from ceramic to lace to Pau Lope, for which I cannot find a single reference.

The appearance and workmanship ranged from wonderful to fantastic. Or is it the other way?

I don't even know how to begin to say thanks properly, so I'll quit right about here.

Reply to
Charlie Self

You're pushing it, and we both know it. That thing never was the same after the mosquito got stuck to it. I hope bob photographed it from the good side. :)

Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown... Um... Charlie Self. :)

Reply to
Silvan

You did just fine, Charlie. Merry Christmas to you and Frances.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Jes' folks doin' the neighborly thing Charlie, even if the "neighbors" are a long way off in *cyberspace*. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Nahmie & Family

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Nahmie,

Wonderful little birdhouse. One of these days...I'll be back in a real shop. Still got the turning tools, but no lathe, so that's a point to ponder. But I've got a buddy who has three, so...

Thanks, Charlie Charlie Self

"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

OOPS Charlie! The birdhouse wasn't mine, but it is lovely. Mine was the little *tree* & the ball with the colored lines around it. First things I've turned in years, so the learning curve was real steep. Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

And that was supposed to go e-mail. Sorry.

Charlie Self

"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

Ugh. It was Owen Lowe, ol' Fly By Night, who did the wonderful little birdhouse, and you and your wife and daughters who supplied needlepoint, snowflakes, crystals and turnings. Sorry. Been sick as 2 dogs for 3 days, so that's my excuse.

Charlie Self

"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

The flu made it out to the east coast? Hope you're feeling better; that's some scary stuff this year.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Merry Christmas Charlie. I wish for you and your family a better 2004 than the last year or so has treated you - it's high time. Peace, health, security, a fire-proof home and a warm shop.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Not the flu, fortunately. Unfortunately, internal intestional scarring that creates a chronic almost biannual fun fest that is now gone---I hope for at least 6 more months. No idea what caused the scarring, but I may check out some old girlfriends from back when the problems first started...ground glass, anyone?

Charlie Self

"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

GACK!

Reply to
Silvan

Charlie, You are more than welcome. Hope you have a good set of holidays with an even better next year. mahalo, jo4hn

p.s. Pau l> I am nearly stunned by the response to Bob Schmall's request for replacements [snip]

Reply to
jo4hn

Jo4hn responds:

We're doing well...just picked up the tree and get it in a stand. Bought some lights last night. Have to vacuum the house and dust today, as we've got an open house for (we hope) home buyers tomorrow. Postponed it a week because of expected bad weather. The weather last week was a bit gray, but tomorrow, we're supposed to get a delightful wintery mix, tapering off after 4 p.m. Open house is 1 to 4, of course.

With luck, we'll have the lights on and some ornaments in place by morning. Or my wife will. I feel a serious nap coming on.