The gloat that got away

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote in
<snip>

Amen to that!
Patriarch
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Yabut, if you have a daughter or two, be prepared for the inevitable weddings. After the oldest got married this past June, I'll likely be in debt for that one until the youngest get out of college in another four years, then a highly probable dejavu all over again.
But I did find out last week that I am going to be a grandpa ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04
Charlie Self wrote:

clause?     j4 (aka groucho)

Had to check with Momma first! I would have just bought the sucker! Greg

Suck close, yet suck far.
GTO(John)

Look at it this way, a cordless drill is very useful. You already have a flashlight. Cordless saws are useless foo-foo in the wood shop. You'll survive, if you rationalize it properly. Too bad about the tool bag, though.
Bob

18 Volt flashlights are extremely bright and come in very handy when car camping. No need to buy batteries either. Not so good for backpacking.
Brian Elfert
Bob wrote:

rough trim right on the back of the truck with the cordless then carry the wood into the shop in small sizes so its easier to carry.

"I have to ask my wife", "I have to consult with SWMBO", "if my boss allows it", "my better half has to give me the go ahead", etc, etc. I am just a lurker here, but I do participate in many NGs and it is the same sad story all the time. Now, I have never read a female writing: "I have to consult with HWMAB (he who must always obey)"!!
Don't we guys have any cojones?
Next time just buy the damn thing!! you can always return it later anyway ;-)

Or it may be like my wife and I...we have an amount that we are absolutely free to spend to without consultation or any other type of talk...over that amount, we ask...it's about communication. How much is that amount for us? Doesn't matter, really, what matters would be the amount for the OP...if the OP has this setup, it might be that their budget allows for $125 "discretionary" spending, then the $145 is over it, so you call.
Just my cut on the matter.
Mike
Got mine last week with 2 batteries :-) Ray

On 21 Oct 2004 20:09:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (Alan W) wrote:

That's really too bad: it was a great deal. At the same time, I've told myself that I am never going to regret not buying something.
(Alan W)

There MIGHT be a silver lining,, The 6 year old slipped I might be having a really nice Christmas. My Wife has never been real smart about being sneaky, but MAYBE this time..
Alan

There you go. We are in a society where a whole heck of a lot of people have the wherewithal to buy all sorts of stuff on a whim and then barely use it before they get tired of it, so it's only a matter of time and some searching before you can fall into almost anything (my rationalization, anyway..).
Have you considered the possibility that *she* bought the set & is going to make it your Christmas present ?
Are you competing in the same tournament as Owen Lowe by any chance?
Art