Okay, who's got the gloat?

We've got arctic air moving south bringing a windchill temp of -43C. (Actual is -31C).

SOMEBODY south of me sucks big time.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

it's only a frosty 72F here today. with our wind chill, that would be around

72F. it's supposed to get really cold here this weekend, all the way down to 65F.

snicker

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Reply to
bob kater

I'm in the same town as Dave. I went out to the garage without checking the thermometer. Was NOT ready for that first lungful...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Cool here at 7000 feet in So Californicate. 25 dF at 1pm. Oh well. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Good grief, that's -56F (actual)!

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

-31 degrees Celsius = -23.8 degrees Fahrenheit

Reply to
Locutus

The Dave Balderstone entity posted thusly:

Well, I'm south, but it's the same here.

Worst part was that I was forking hay over the fence for the horses, and was doing it right into the north wind. My face hurt. A lot.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Then your last name is appropriate. I assume it's pronounce Freezin'?

I'm in warm sunny NC now, but I grew up in northern Maine. Coldest I've ever experienced was -58 F (-50 C) without factoring in wind chill.

I feel your pain.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Woops. That was supposed to be in response to Chris Friesen's post.

Well, you get the point.

Reply to
Josh

I DEFINITELY don't miss having horses in the north. Chipping ice out of water troughs is something I never ever want to have to do again. Much better here below the Mason-Dixon line.

Reply to
Josh

Yep. Sounds exactly like that.

I used to bike to university all winter--big skidoo boots, mitts up to my elbows, ski goggles, face mask...

My personal best is -63C with windchill. But once you get below -30 or so it really doesn't matter...you just pile on more insulating layers.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

sunny 63 here in Baltimore can not wait for the cool weather in august!

len

Reply to
leonard

I own a home in Florida and I am shoveling snow in Taxachussetts. I'm so made at myself I'm not talking to me.

Reply to
Ed Ahern

Am I South of you?? *EG*..Guess I am..and still in Kanuckistan. PLUS 7 degrees Celsius.

Feels like...errrrmm.. SPRING?

Sarnia.. in the banana belt.

Reply to
Robatoy

Didn't look at a thermometer, but the attic fan kicked on and I'm wearing just a T shirt on top. 'Course next year I won't be in SW Fla., but in Tn. I have a hunch the winters there might not be as mild as I'm used to. Tom

Reply to
Thomas Bunetta

Where in NC? You know that ShopBot is in Durham? I'm between Winston-Salem and Kernersville myself.

Rick

Reply to
Rick M

Thanks for that. I think I found a bug in the "units" program:

me@mycomp:~$ units

2438 units, 71 prefixes, 32 nonlinear units

You have: -31 degC You want: degF * -55.8 / -0.017921147 You have: ^C

me@mycomp:~$ echo "scale=2; -31*9/5+32" | bc

-23.80

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

That would be me. I got an email from my local airport reminding me my currency in the Piper Arrow was getting ready to expire. I went down there this afternoon and scored a free maintenance flight. It had a minor oil leak in the prop that was going to be fixed at the maintenance base.

I like free. Two flights in severe clear weather: life is good. BTW: drove down to the airport in my shirt sleeves with the windows open.

Ask my coworkers. They will all agree I suck.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Thu, Feb 16, 2006, 12:16pm (EST-1) dave***@balderstone.ca (Dave=A0Balderstone) We've got arctic air moving south bringing a windchill temp of -43C. (Actual is -31C). SOMEBODY south of me sucks big time.

Gee Dave, supposedly we had a temp of 74F today. But, the windchill factor is -20F. Make you feel better? LMAO

JOAT I'm busy now, can I ignore you some other time?

Reply to
J T