Okay, who's got the gloat?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:16:26 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Dave Balderstone quickly quoth:

It was 19F this morning when I got up. It was about 45F this noon when my neighbor came over and asked if I were aware of the HUGE LEAK at my pump house. I noticed a drip or two around the landscaping plumbing a couple weeks ago and filed it for this summer's work. That very joint let go this morning.

I put on my rain gear, swam to the pump house, and shut the valve off in about a minute.

SOMEBODY south of US sucks big time, Dave.

Reply to
ljaques

Yup. They're the same at -40.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

We're narrowing it down, at least...

From the jet stream map here it looks like we could be dealing with the curse of Bay Area Dave...

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Reply to
P.I._Maine

Yes, Eagle Lake. Went to high school in Fort Kent. Class of '90.

You?

Reply to
Josh

No rain in 120+ days. Tom in Tucson, very worried about fire.

Reply to
tom

I'm right near by in Oak Ridge. I just got back from the gym I go to in Kernersville. Small world.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

I'm right near by in Oak Ridge. I just got back from the gym I go to in Kernersville. Small world.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Oops, the bug is I didn't read the manual:

me@mycomp:~$ units

2438 units, 71 prefixes, 32 nonlinear units

You have: tempC(-31) You want: tempF -23.8 You have: ^D me@mycomp:~$

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Thu, Feb 16, 2006, 6:57pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (tom) Tom in Tucson, very worried about fire.

Problem solved.

'm busy now, can I ignore you some other time?

Reply to
J T

Reply to
P.I._Maine
68 in DC, about 20 degrees above normal.

But, to make up for it, we're going to be in the 30s over the weekend and have snow Monday.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

And it's headed our way...

I was really enjoying my unusually rare 50F Jan & Feb bicycle rides here in CT.

Reply to
B a r r y

As a pilot who will need to drag out the preheater this weekend A 3/4 mile walke each way), and who just shoveled 26 inches of snow from around the plane last weekend, I'll say it... You REALLY SUCK!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I looked you up this morning, and I recognize you. Definitely a small world.

My parents still live up there. My mom teaches at Fort Kent HS, but she wasn't there when you were. My father is one of the most talented woodworkers I've ever met; I wish I had a tenth of his skill. I can send you his email address if you're ever looking for a good resource in the area. If you've ever done any hunting or fishing in Wallagrass or Eagle Lake, you might know him. He was the game warden there for 20 years. Of course, that also might change your opinion of him. ;-)

Josh

Reply to
Josh

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:09:39 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Dave Balderstone quickly quoth:

It's merely one of your cursed Canadian Clippers coming down at us, Dave. I woke up to a dusting of snow this morning, and just looked outside a minute ago. White flakes are falling. Oh, maybe your last statement WAS correct after all. ;)

It's 31.4°F on the roof. I'm hoping it raises a bit SOON! Snow plays havoc with my dish. I lose both TV and Starband internet access when it builds up to about 3".

- - Let Exxon send their own troops -

Comprehensive Website Programming

Reply to
ljaques

Was 85F here yesterday, today's high expected 38F. I'm in north Texas so somebody even further south suck a lot!

Reply to
tom_murphy

I delivered a paper at a conference in Ottawa one fine November day. It got cold and snowy rather quickly. A colleague from Japan was there with only a suit jacket; he compared latitude and figured that temps in Ottawa would be comparable to those in Tokyo. He probably learned something about inland v. seacoast. And about studying approaching fronts. shiver, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Thanks, Dave... we were bitching about the weather here, but you made me feel a lot better... *g*

Had a couple of weeks of 70's during the day in Central CA, (normal is 59- 60f), and it dropped 12 degrees between tuesday and wednesday... been in the 50's during the day and 30's at night... Makes me REALLY glad that I'm retiring to Mexico!! Mac

mac davis

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:160220061216269332% dave***@balderstone.ca:

You guys dont have it too bad. -10F 20 Mph winds in eastcentral MN and i get to climb 50 ft silo on the outside and pull a 180 lb. auger up and lower it half way down the inside. no woodworking today.

Reply to
steve