Dewalt735 at Lowes

Well I guess Sunday I'll go raise hell at Lowes Finally a sale worth going to, 20% off al tools, The web site list the Dewalt planer @ 383.20 Okay its time to buy it, Web site says Temp Unavailable, Hope they have a Raincheck policy Or a false Adv. Legal Clause We shall see Sunday Morn,

George

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Got mine at Lowes last night. They honored theHome Depot discount. Last one on the shelf. At $383.20, it's a very sweet deal.

Anyone want to buy my Makita 2012?

L>Well I guess Sunday I'll go raise hell at Lowes

Reply to
molin67

I just bought the DW735 at Lowe's for $383.20 as well this morning. However they were out of stock in the store. I just paid for it anyway at the sale price and will pick it up when it comes in next week.

Reply to
Dave

Just bought mine from Tool Crib. Online price 479.99 and they beat the Lowes 382.20+tax by 10% of the difference. Total price: $403 to my door. Would have been $410 at Lowes after tax. Hey, why not? ;-)

They're backed up. So I have to wait 10 days. But I can wait.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
David

Well thats good to here I don't mind paying I think I'm going there this evening Instead of tommorrow

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Well Thanks for making me think Brian, Just nailed that little puppy for

405.00 with the price gaurantee. My out the door price at lowes was 412.00

Amazon is well aware of Lowes 20% off sale so their phone lines at Tool Crib is Busy but I got thru right away. By the way the young lady told me that Amazon OWNS Tool Crib now.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Hi: Thanks for the idea. Just got mine for 394.60 to be delivered to MD!!! Bogdan

Reply to
Bogdan

I buy my tools at Acme Electric Tool Crib of the North. No affiliation with Amazon. Amazon bought their mail order business from Acme Electric few years back. The funny part is you can still can Acme Electric and order tools from their catalog! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Thanks for the info. I read another post about prepaying at Lowe's and then picking the planer up when it arrived at their store, so I prepaid. It may have been a little higher, but I'm glad I got it. I did a search on Amazon, but did not find the 800 number. I guess you have to join the Tool Crib club? Don't know. I like it to straight forward, but sometimes it is worth it to go the extra mile.

Merry Christmas, David

Reply to
David

Dave, At one time it was spattered on almost every page, I had trouble finding it also I never have had an oportunity to use it and really felt that it would be a hassle. Once i found it and it said to call, I felt oh well but they made it easy as hell I have now bought several tools from Amazon, I got the Delta, Oscilatting samder and about 100 bucks in sanding sleeves I just ordered the PC 361 Belt sander should be here Monday or tuesday and now the dewalt planer, saves me time going somewhere when i do not have the time. I like shopping online at 3 am sometimes. I generally have a pretty full day and these mediocre errand can take a big bite of my time. I was going to go to Lowes and pay for and get it when it came it but that would have taken about 45 minute to an hour out of the 24 we get and I already had a 28 hor day So a few minutes on the phone and they can drop it on my doorstep for me. George

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Hi All

I just got my DW735 this morning. I let the Borgs Beat each other up and endangered the bladder and kidneys of a Lowes Manager. I got a quote of $383.20 from HD and drove over to Lowes. They only had the display left. Dept Manager said I was SOL. I ran into the Store Manager going into the Mens' Room as I was coming out. I started questioning him about the store and corp policies as he did a "gotta go" dance. He called the Dept Manager and told her to beat HD price by 10% and give another 10% for the open box.

In Master Card Fashion

Dewalt 13" Portable Planer Model DW735 Original Price $479.00 Home Depot less 20% $383.20 Lowes less 10% $344.88 Lowes open box 10% $306.56 Pack of Knives FREE Out the Door $330.32 Getting Home and Finding knives still in DW735. Priceless

SWMBO got the first "You Suck!!!" and said she was flowers with the money I saved.

Chef

Reply to
Master Chef Richard Campbell

You do SUCK! Way to go! Can I take you with me if my Toyota ever needs replacing? :)

dave

Master Chef Richard Campbell wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

What HD do you shop at , Around here in AZ they do not carry the Dewalt planers

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Well, I finally have something worth a "gloat"??? I just got home with a 735 from Lowes for 10% less than the Lowes sale as I had a coupon for that 10 % Take out price was $365.58 in Atlanta GA.

Clif

Reply to
Clif

Got lucky today. I bought a DW 735 last month at Lowes and it sat in the garage for the last month. Took it out of the box today and used it for 30 min. Then the belt for the rollers broke! SO I took it back to Lowe's. I did not know about the 20% off sale so I got money back from my original purchase and a new 735 in the process.

Planed about 30 bd ft of 4/4 soft maple and another 15 bd ft of walnut tonight as a test. On finish speed the smoothness is amazing.....I have a Performax drum sander and I won't have to use it.....

Reply to
bwbwell