Sawstop

LOL. This newsgroup is loaded with them! Perhaps there is not a person anywhere that has not done something really dumb or stupid.
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:41:28 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Yeah, I know. And, I can't fault you in the least for ranting about it. I suspect our parents did the same thing although I can only remember one incident of my father ranting.
I was fifteen and swiped his car in the middle of a snowstorm and drove some friends around. When he came out to drive to a dental appointment, he found the car gone. Naturally, he called the police to say that his car was stolen.
Anyway, I came back and promptly got stuck in the snow on the way into the carport. He came out and caught me. He called the police to tell them that his son had the car. I was lucky they didn't ask how old I was.
... After that was when the ranting started.
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:42:08 -0700, Doug Winterburn

Recently had tires replaced, the dealer used nitrogen to fill the tire at no charge. I know that the use of dry nitrogen has been a Nascar staple for years, but it is to remove the variable of moisture. They need it we do not.
Mark
Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Leon" wrote:

Actually usually drove Fords, just not with Firestone installed.
FoMoCo was a major account.
Lew
"Doug Winterburn" wrote:

And fortunately their candidate lost the last presidential election.
Lew
On 4/24/2014 10:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I think Obama was good in getting Osama Bin Laden. I think he has been useless otherwise, oh let me correct that. He has been very harmful to the future of the country.
He said he would protect American Jobs, but many of the things he has done have been the opposite.
His foreign policy is terrible. His National policy is terrible. His Economic policies seem to be non-existent. I won't discuss Obomination Healtcare.. (get it).
Change? Change for the people who have been on welfare all their lives maybe.
Did any of the Financial disaster people get brought to trial? Did Corrzine pay for an obvious theft of customer funds? No he got a walk.
It's more of the same BULLSHIT.
But unfortunately we are a 2 party system. If only Americans realized that it's not woring. But people are idiots. I hope people start voting independent.. they have no cohesive party... they wil vote their minds, not the party line... So what if nothing gets done.. thats better than what the current idiots are doing in congress.
--
Jeff

I agree with the premise of your rant, but disagree on the result of the tech.
Quick story. Went to a place to get registered as a recognized flyer, so the shoes can stay on, the computer stays in the bag along with the liquids, and no backscatter x-ray. You all ought to check it out if you fly often. Anyway, brother in law, sister me and my better half in the mini van, and we stopped to eat on the way home. Came out, and B-I-L says, hey you have a flat tire. Mostly flat, prolly about 15 pounds left in it. Luck had it that there was a tire shop across the street so we went and got it fixed. The problem?
A twig. No crap. About 3/16" in diameter, went right through about a half depth tread, steel belted radial. WTF?
It was lucky that it was noticed. Probably would have been noticed after we got up to speed. We would not have been in front of a tire shop, then. The tire might have been ruined from driving on it. A tire pressure monitor would have caught the problem as soon as it went through, or at least before we put ourselves in any danger on the road
--
Jim in NC

with under inflated tires, that cause them to roll over. Remember that?
--
Jim in NC

On 4/24/2014 10:13 PM, Morgans wrote:

For certain it is a government requirement now.
BUT the SUV's were rolling over because of tire failure caused by under inflation vs simply being under inflated. IIRC this was a big problem in the Middle East. After a day if playing around in the sand dunes with under inflated tires the tires were failing, on the way home, from under inflation at highway speeds.

I think '4 season' depends on where you live and the kind of seasons you go through every year.

Probably so. Down down here in the south our four seasons are wet and dry and that comes multiple times during the year. ;~)
I recall many years ago wondering to my self why people swapped out their tires twice a year. I guess our tires should could also be called "all year" tires.

According to the Nokian literature, they were designed to be used in North America year round. They have a true snow rating and also a top speed of 147 mph rating.
They were excellent in the snow this past winter and they are comfortable handling on dry roads. I've only had them to about 115 mph, but they are smooth and solid riding and I've had no slips in the rain.
I only have 5000 miles on them so far, but based on what I've experienced, I'd buy them again.

I really appreciate this.
It is going to be worth a lot when the wife says, "You want to spend how much for that saw?"
Now all I need is something similar so she will encourage me to purchase an American Beauty lathe.
Jim

Sure, when the government mandates that everyone get one...

If you have not noticed, soccer mom's probably invented the idea and have been instrumental in giving equal awarding to those that simply showed up as those that dared to be different and actually won.
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:34:03 -0400, woodchucker wrote:

And you think a guy who doesn't even know how many cars he owns would have been a better choice?
Oh well, the Koch brothers will just buy the next one.

It's throughout the public school system. It wasn't started by soccermoms.

Hate to say it, but my generation was a big part of it. During Vietnam you could avoid the draft by going to school to become a teacher. These liberal draft dodging teachers started warping the minds of children and some rose to become school administrators

I'm the same generation but reality is a good teacher. Too bad it's not a requirement to become a teacher.