Sawstop

Page 2 of 3

Yeah, but he's already a local celebrity here. Why would he need to be one anywhere else? :)
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:12:22 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

Hell, don't you think it should be called Darwin's radar device? When it detects someone walking behind the car, a sharp, piercing alarm goes off and the driver unintentionally stomps on the gas pedal. The car speeds in reverse and removes the idiot behind the car from the human gene pool.

Now that is all mean! The device should detect the idiot. Then it triggers your deck lid to open and out pops a telescoping 4 fingered hand that places a Dunces hat on the offender and another telescoping feature with a boot to kick him across the parking lot.
Add to that the optional sound effects heard on cartoons 50 years ago.
The sounds from Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote come to mind.
If you were in a parking lot at night you would swear you were at the drive in theater.
;~)
On 4/24/2014 1:43 PM, Leon wrote:

--
Jeff

Since it's been awhile since I owned a car, I have to ask. What's the safety method to keep those keyless cars from being stolen?

will not start.
--
Froz...

A key fob that only has to be in your pocket or purse. Typically they work just like keyless entry, the interior lights up when you get near the vehicle and the door unlocks when you touch the door handle, you relock by touching another unique spot on the handle, get in and push a button to start the engine. None of this works with out the key fob being very close by. Additionally if you leave the key fob in the vehicle you cannot lock the doors from out side the vehicle. Drop the key fob inside the trunk and you can't close the deck lid.
Additionally the key fob has the usual buttons to use if you choose to do all of this manually or want to double check that you locked the vehicle with out walking all the way back to the parking spot. AND the key fob has an internal emergency key that will pull out and unlock the drivers door.
The biggest learning curve to this keyless ignition and unlock option is to remember to not pull your keys out.
On 4/24/2014 2:06 PM, Leon wrote:

Not just any pocket. I have found that it will not work if you come home from work and change into shorts, leaving the fob in your other pants in the bedroom. I've done extensive research on that.
On 4/24/2014 2:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/24/2014 5:17 PM, Leon wrote:

The pearls seem to block the signal
Leon wrote:

Rain?
You drive in the rain?
Lew

I'd bet it would be loss leader type of product that you get for cheap or nothing. It brings you into someplace where they can suggest some other purchase or repair.
And eventually, you get used to getting this product for free and then 'voilà', suddenly they start charging for it.

Precisely. Same goes for those free 21 point safety checks offered by many repair shops.
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:05:46 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

They could market it as 'Skunk parking protection'. :)
woodchucker wrote:

Solved the Firestone problem back in the 70's.
Simply refused to accept delivery of a new company car if it had Firestone tires on it.
Basically, everybody in the district did the same thing.
Can't comment on Bridgestone.
Lew
On 4/24/2014 1:33 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

So you were not a Ford man? ;~)

During that time if you bought a new vehicle you could take it to a BFG dealer and they would replace what ever brand tire it had for free.

I steer clear of Bridgestone too.
I have the best luck with Michelin, Dunlop, and Falkin.

Fully agree. Can't think of too many things more devastating than running over a kid, or even worse, running over your own kid.

Unfortunately, I've seen first hand the devastation that caused, and the memory is enough to give me involuntarily shudders to this day.
Back when I'd just returned from the service and was totally fed up with the world, and basically being as worthless as possible, a friend, who worked with me shoeing horses, was leaving his home to meet me at a stables and backed over and killed his 3 year old son playing in the driveway, an only child. A whole lot more than that precious little boy died that morning.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 4/24/2014 4:03 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yea, that would take the life out of most NORMAL parents. It generally leads to divorce and two sad people who never recover.
--
Jeff

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:29:12 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Mike, there isn't a person *anywhere* that can say they haven't done something really dumb or stupid.