(Q) Grizzley - H5677 16 piece Forstner Bit w/ Hex Shanks

Has anyone succumbed to the temptation to try these things? For $24.95, it seems like a bargain - even for a box of Chinese bits sized in 1/8" increments from 1/4 to 2 1/8"
I'm tired of paying $12.00 to $14.00 each for Chinese bits at the local BORG.
Thanks,
Greg G.
I have the round shank versions. They work. Not spectactular, but good enough. At least they're straight, unlike some of my twist bits ;-)
I ended up getting the 1/16 filler set too.
DJ Delorie said:

I don't use them often, but when you need one, you need it bad! I figure that even if I have to touch up the edges with a diamond paddle, they're worth $25. Kinda wanted to test out Griz service as well - never having bought anything from them.
As for the crooked twist drills - hmm... I believe I'll pass on those... ;-)
FWIW,
Greg G.
<Greg G.> skrev i melding

At the price, the chinese forstners are working very well, even in Norway:-) (Approx. $60 for a 12 piece set, it seems everything to do with woodworking is far cheaper i the US.)
Bjarte
Bjarte
Bjarte Runderheim said:

Greetings to Norway!
Well, if it helps any, it is a special price, they are normally $50US. As for *everything* being cheaper, some of it has to do with the boat-loads of pure crap we buy, and then throw into the landfills. Mass consumption makes it cheaper. I only wish John Q. Public would consume mass quantities of better quality stuff, however... ;-)
Thanks for the response!
Greg G.
I agree about a higher rate of consumption of the better things in life. I would like to see a Ferrari in every driveway.... ;-) Mark L.
Greg wrote:

Yeah you would like to see the 50's happen again, when a store manager was married, them having children, buying a neighborhood house and a new chevy with ease.
Alex

I bought the 16 piece set made by http://www.oldham-usa.com/ in a plastic case. the brand is "Hickory Woodworking", they are made in China but they are HSS, guaranteed forever, and an American name brand. $40. All are saw tooth type and I have not had a chance to use them. Oldham is and old U.S. company.
Alex

This was the page I bouht them from: http://www.toolsforless.com/cgi-bin/ToolBig.pl?SKU S1016 Cheapest I could find.
Alex