Sharpening a Forstner bit

I have a large (3.5") Forstner bit that has lost its edge. Is there a DIY way to sharpen it, or is this something that must be done by a professional? It looks like I might be able to hone the teeth and the knife edges, but I'd like to hear what you folks have to say about it before I do.

Thanks.

Lynn Willis

Reply to
willisl

I use a small file

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you had gone to google.com and typed in your subject line you would have gotten >13000 hits or so including 3 minute videos and a huge discussion of the different types of forstner bits.

It is pretty straightforward. Buy a good file and go for it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Thanks for the suggestions, especially to try Google. Very helpful. Wish I'd thought of it myself.

Lynn Willis

Reply to
willisl

That's okay, we've all done it too.