Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

You are blowing up at a sarcastic remark, and remaining predictable Jack.

Reply to
Markem

Jack I suspect that it is going to take a particular type pro that wants exacting standards to find one that works on location and might benefit from using Festool. If you remember Robatoy, he was one of those guys. I really did not know this caliber of tool was available until he brought my attention to it. FWIW most trades guys, especially down her in the south, are immigrants that were simply looking for a job before becoming a carpenter. They simply use the cheapest available equipment and then use a lot of caulk to hide the imperfections.

And some of the guys on the job are not looking for better, they simply want to do it they way they have always done it.

Anyway I would venture to say Tommy Silva uses Festool.

I have see all of these brands too, just not those particular type tools in the brands listed.

You also have to understand that crews are less likely to use the expensive tools vs. an individual.

AAMOF there are plenty of "pro's" on YouTube that demonstrate their work truck set ups and you do see plenty of Festool on those locations, shops and trucks.

If you go to the Festool web site there are plenty of pro's that have video's too.

That is absolutely true but it is so much easier and more efficient with these tools.

Reply to
Leon

If I were the only one using my tools and they didn't get pretty rough trea tment sometimes I would consider Festool. 40 years ago, my fellow wood cho ppers were horrified that I spent $95 on a genuine Milwaukee "Hole Shooter" , when a perfectly serviceable commercial grade Porter Cable (when they wer e worth having) drill could be had for $60. It runs to this day, and only missed a few days of work when I wore out the trigger. Before screw guns, before impact drivers, or anything else that drove screws as a dedicated to ol, we had VSR drills to use, and that was mine.

I bought the very best I could at the time and it turned out to be a great choice. Repeat the same scenario with my first heavy duty circular. Getti ng away from those old Porter Cable saws of the day was a blessing in its s elf.

But in those days, I used the tools myself and carpenters were expected to buy their own tools. Now, carpenters/workers have a few tools, usually rea l crap, and they expect to use or at least borrow yours. I hate it, but it is the nature of the beast. Then of course, there are the guys that borro w and "didn't remember to bring it back". Another scenario is that like me , you leave tools behind to go check on other work as a supervisor, not wor king as a full time, dedicated site guy sent to do a specific job. Guys co me and go when you aren't there, and so do your tools.

Lsst, the thing that bothers me the most is the guys don't take care of the tools. No just mine, some of them not even their own. So it doesn't make sense to use tools that will be stolen, abused or misplaced. The guys that are o ut on the job today were raised in a disposable society, and they think of tools as just that. I haven't worked with carpenters in years that can sha rpen a chisel on site, regrind the head of a Phillips screwdriver or bit, k now how to adjust a framing square to true, or have the "hand" to cut a scr ibed line with a circular saw that needs no trim to cover it. I am afraid those days are gone.

Yep. And based on what I posted above, you can see why. If I had a Festoo l drill that cost $500 and left it on site while I went to another job, and the guy I left it with found it gone when he got back from taking a whiz, I would be undone. Same if I heard the "it was an accident" story when it was knocked off the scaffold. Accidents always happen, but I have noticed they seem to happen a lot more with my tools than they do with theirs.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

The "sarcastic" remark was aimed at me, and it was "predictably" worded in a way that made it look like I said something I didn't, ergo, a lie. I didn't blow up either, I just asked him a question regarding his bogus insinuation.

Reply to
Jack

No what is predictable is your continuing expressing your views on Festool and that it will degrade. Now I have seen your view point several times and we all know were you stand.

Reply to
Markem

Good Lord, you're stupid. You came to the conclusion, with your sample of ten tradesmen, that professionals didn't use Festools. I was demonstrating just how goofy your logic is.

You didn't just ask a question, you went ballistic for no damned reason and showed not only how thin skinned you are but just how dense, in one paragraph.

Reply to
krw

Yes, my views on Festools are clear and consistent. I doubt my view will "degrade" whatever that means. Do you think over time I'll begin to think Festool should raise their prices as they are too low? What exactly do you mean by degrading view?

As far as continuing expressing my view, do you think I shouldn't express my views, like only a chosen few have a right to express their views?

Reply to
Jack

Good lord you're stupid. I came to that conclusion when I never once saw professionals in real life using Festools. I asked a small sample of professionals, not hobbyist, and 100% of them did not use any Festools, concurring with what I noticed. I asked them because I realized I don't spend my life cruising job sites looking for Festools. The result surprised even me. Turns out I'm not the only one that noticed this.

That doesn't mean no professional on earth uses Festools, or that Festools are trash. I never said either of those things, and in fact, said exactly the opposite, and explained why I thought this was. Turns out Nailshooter not only noticed the same thing, but also had the exact same thoughts on why.

As far as your stupid "sarcastic" remark about your bogus 10 hobbyist survey, if you had any brains you would have simply said what you thought instead of making shit up.

Reply to
Jack

The discussion degrades, if you need to be redundant in expressing yourself go for it.

Reply to
Markem

I am very pro Festool for me, it pays for itself and I do better and faster work as a result. BUT as you have observed I think you would have to do a sampling of probably 200+ pros to find one or more that use Festool. On a similar note I have a relative that performs oil field equipment maintenance and emergency repairs. He recently purchased a torque wrench for the big nuts and bolts. Only he touches it. IIRC he paid somewhere north of $23,000.00. A lot of the guys out there just beat a wrench as long as it will turn.

Reply to
Leon

With a sample of 10 you jumped to an asinine conclusion. I see you're dumb enough to double-down, even after your illogic has been pointed out to you (even to the point of explaining the punch line).

Dang! You're stupid.

It was a jab at your asinine illogic, which you continue defend like a true idiot.

Reply to
krw

You said that already. Makes no more sense the second time.

Reply to
Jack

Pointed out by you, and you are an idiot. The observation was mine, backed up by the tradesman I talked to, backed up by what nailshooter also observed, and now, backed up by Festools #1 spokesman, Leon. He "guessed" I would have to interview 200 tradesman to find one that uses Festools. My guess would be 1 out of 100, but who knows, certainly not you, a true idiot.

If you say so, I guess it must be... Idiot!

Reply to
Jack

Only an idiot would make such a statement. Of course I pointed it out. That *is* what we were talking about, dummy!

...backed up by a self-selected sample of 10 (to "prove" a conclusion you're already made). ...and you call me an idiot.

Yes, and you continue to prove it.

Reply to
krw

What a shame. A great thread started by a proud craftsman that wanted so share some really great work has completely devolved into a pissing contest between hard heads about subjects completely unrelated to Sonny's fine table and great work.

You bad asses keep on pissing...

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Actually it was a correction of your misconception.

Reply to
Markem

Wouldn't be quite so bad if folks would just learn to trim quotes, instead of quoting half a dozen entire posts.

Reply to
Swingman

Idiot.

I observed no one using Festools on work sites. Since I don't spend my life observing work sites, I asked people who do spend all their work time at job sites. This added to my observation. Next, another guy that does spend his workday on job sites, in another part of the country, also noticed no one using Festools. This also added weight to my observations.. Next, the number one promoter of Festools on this site, stated his guess is 1 in 200 professionals use Festools. I don't put much weight in that, as it is at best an assumption, or guess, but his opinion is valuable, based on his experience. My guess would be more like 1 in 50, maybe 1 in 100, but that is only based on a guess. I'm reasonably certain that there use is much less common that other quality, yet much cheaper tools.

I'm sorry, I guess I should pay more attention to what you, a hobbyist that can't cut a straight line, and an idiot, has to say on the subject than my first hand observations along with comments from seasoned professionals that do this stuff for a living. My bad.

Yes, by continuing to discuss this with an idiot. I'll try to button up and ignore your rambling, senseless, and often caustic babble.

Reply to
Jack

It's how newsgroups work. Interesting threads evolve into other interesting threads that evolve into controversial threads that evolve into pissing contests that eventually die.

The best thing to do when you lose interest is to ignore the thread and go to another one that interests you. The worst thing to do is participate in a thread that no longer interests you.

Reply to
Jack

Amen to that. The only time I do it is when someone keeps quoting unneeded pages, and I'll do it back to them, stupidly thinking it will show them the light or piss them off. I don't think it does any good, but I'll do it if I'm in a grumpy enough mood.

Reply to
Jack