Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

OK, it's unanimous, you're an idiot.

A whole ten of them. You didn't even bother to sample in more than one location. Even the political surveys do a better job.

From ten people, you *jumped* to the conclusion that Festool was only used by hobbyists. That is *really* dumb. Stupid, in fact.

I really didn't expect you to be smart enough to be able to read. I'm not at all surprised.

Indeed I am continuing to discuss this with a total idiot. ...too damn dumb to even see how stupid his argument is. ...and digging ever deeper.

Reply to
krw

I simply for get to do that and then some one is always unhappy. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Well now Karl... if that happened the people pissing on one another might n ot have any excuse when they splash on someone else. How many of these thr eads are derailed because someone gets butt hurt because they thought someo ne was doubting their expertise, then only to find that lost in pages of co mmentary the offensive comments weren't aimed at them, or may not even be t aken in context?

It certainly hasn't escaped the old hands here (including those that abando ned ship long ago) that the longest threads have nothing to do with woodwor king. The most active and longest threads are always people fighting with one another about their personal opinions.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:mu9int$6n5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Trouble is, those are the idiots who are doing the programming! Yahoo! Groups is terrible about this, and many of the iPhone email messages I get don't have quoted text, which tells me it's off by default.

Too bad we can't make them spend a few months in the old days of Usenet, just to learn proper context and quoting.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:mu9hnt$25r$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Dammit Mike, did you have to include 3 whole quoted posts?

:-)

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Puckdropper wrote in news:56087e3c$0$43883$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

I have seen people say that quoting can't be done on the iPhone/iPad, which tells me that if it can, it's not easy (it's probably a Jobs thing - he wasn't interested in anyone's thoughts other than his own).

I don't think including context is possible in Yahoo Groups if you reply in the Group. You have to do it in email. Altho Yahoo seems determined to make Yahoo mail totally disfunctional, so maybe you can't do it there, either, now-a-days.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

John McCoy wrote in news:XnsA522D6BA5151Epogosupernews@213.239.209.88:

It's easy. Simply store the old message in memory, then write it in the text box before you display it to the user. The hardest part is rewrapping the message to include the ">". If you have a decent header, the need to use the greater-than character is debatable.

It is possible. When you reply to a message, click "show message history" at the bottom of the text box. It might be below the fold, so you may have to scroll to see it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

The Bennett wars were certainly epic ... even got caught in the crossfire myself.

TMITD another.

Kinda miss BAD, and Apeman ... ;)

And damn, I really miss Robatoy.

Reply to
Swingman

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 6:45:25 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote: The Bennett wars were certainly epic ... even got caught in the

Sigh... yep. Good 'ol Roberto. Loved to stir the pot, but was a fountain of great information. I miss his wit.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

You know all this Festool stuff can be traced right back to him. ;~) I recall him pointing me to a European YouTube video showing their new Domino being used by their tradesmen a year or two before they were available here.

I'm quite certain Festool was here long before that as Robert/Robatoy could never say enough about the Rotex sander that he used to sand and polish his counter tops.. IIRC he was on his second one.

He was my pusher that helped me see the light.

Reply to
Leon

Doing the work I do, we had some entertaining conversations about buying th e Fein oscillating tool. He had one that he bought after much consideratio n, and he loved it. I never could justify the tool (15 - 20 years ago blad es were still $25 each on average) and he couldn't see how I could live wit hout it. He used his constantly. After I bought my first inexpensive model , I couldn't either.

Then we had a some great conversation and there was a lot of consternation about the great biscuit debate that swelled up here on occasion. He used a Lamello A LOT, and he was the only one I knew that used the absolute daylig hts out of a biscuit machine at that time. He used them to align and join some of his work where connectors couldn't be used. Until Rob described it (and was actually doing it regularly) I would never have thought of joinin g two perpendicular surfaces with biscuits. Like me, he found through pract ical experience the biscuit added a great deal to certain types of joinery.

He was the first one I knew that had a 23ga. pinner. Honestly, with no hea ds on the pins I had difficult figuring out what to do with one of those, e ven if I had one. He was applying different moldings, finishing pieces and all other kinds of appliques to work on occasion and he gave the run down on it. He had a Grex (sp?) long before they even sold them down here.

I don't know how he did it, but he always seem to be right on top of any ki nd of tool innovations, especially those with any value. I too remember hi s delight with the Rotex sander, and being a champion of that tool. I used a Bosch sander at that time that was 90% of the Festool for 20% of the pri ce. I had to have a shop vac attached to mine to sand inside an occupied h ome and got a little dust, and he had the Festool with a shop vac (don't re call it being a Festool, but some other Euro brand)and got no dust. I reme mber that he used the Rotex long and hard enough to actually kill it, and h e was kind of pleased with himself for that.

Gone too soon...

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I don't think it was that long ago, I bought a 3 Pack for $72 in 2006. Anyway thank goodness that the patent ran out and competition brought the prices down.

I started using biscuits in 1989. I gutted and rebuilt the kitchen in our other home and used what I thought to be a load of biscuits. I recall buying #20's in boxes of a thousand a couple of times. Thinking of today, I am on the verge of buying my 3rd box of 5mm 1,800 count Dominoes and I am about in the middle of a 6mm replacement box.

Karl turned me on the the 23 gauge pinner. I bought a Grex about 7~8 years ago. I love that thing and use it more often than I expected. IIRC it came with 1,000 pins in each size/length that it would shoot. I have bought 3 replacement boxes of 10K in different lengths. They are great at replacing a clamp on light glue ups.

That he was!

I too

IIRC a Fein

In 2008 I refaced a neighbors kitchen. I cut my own 1/8" thick maple veneer for the cabinets and built the maple doors. He was retired and at home when I came back to sand the joints of the veneer. I used my a pinner to hold the veneers while the glue dried, regular wood glue not contact cement. Anyway before I got there he had masked off all the cabinet openings with newspaper, card board, and tape. He said he would wipe the counters down and mop after I sanded. I sanded with the Rotex and with the FT finish sander along with the FT vac while he took a nap. I was finished long before his hour nap was over and he could not believe that there was no visible dust.

I remember that he used the

Truly

Reply to
Leon