A Few Table Top Pics

Everything is prepped and ready for finishing. The leg units are sanded to 220 grit. The trestle board and table top are sanded to 320 grit. The underside of the table top is sanded to 220 grit.

In the third pic, foreground right, you can barely see a defect/blemish in the wood, where a fork/limb remnant was. I filled the (holes) areas with blackened epoxy and the black coloring shows fairly prominently. I kinna d on't like this black, but it's not too too unsightly. However, I might dig out this black epoxy and refill it with brown epoxy.

There were a few other small holes/defects in the surface and I filled thos e with epoxy colored with dark walnut Transtint dye. For a 1 oz volume of West System's 650-8 epoxy mix, I used about *1/4 (or less) drop of Transti nt dye and the color was perfect. *I placed a drop of Transtint dye to th e side and dipped my stir stick into the drop and whatever collected on the tip of the stir stick was the amount of dye used for the coloring.

The two toned look of the table top (3rd & 4th pics) is because I wiped/wet the surface with mineral spirits and some areas are more wet than others.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny