Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

We will help yu remove some of the egg from your face when you buy one. ;~)

Something to consider, the Festool will produce cabinet saw quality cuts. Do you need that or the accuracy of straight lines? If only the accuracy of straight lines Grizzly offers a track saw that might be the answer and take some sting out it being abused. But if you want top of the line and quality cuts I highly recommend the Festool.

Let me add a bit of buying strategy. If you are going to be ripping sheets of 4x8 plywood you are going to also need to purchase an extra length of track. The TS55 track saw comes with a 55" track, the TS75 track saw comes with a 75" track. To rip an 8' sheet you will need about 10' of track. The 75" and the 55" tracks give you almost 11', and you will need to buy 2 rail connectors, $36.

If you buy a TS55 track saw with 55" rail and add the connectors and a

75" rail you are going to pay $640 for the saw, $36 for the connectors and $200 for the 75" rail, total $875.

If you buy a TS75 track saw with 75" rail and add the connectors and a

55" rail you are going to pay $750 for the saw, $36 for the connectors and $129 for the 55" rail, total $915.

With the understanding that the TS55 needs an additional 75" rail and the TS75 needs and additional 55" rail the difference between the two saw set ups is only $40 more for the bigger TS 75 saw.

Just something to consider if you are thinking one saw over the other and will need to make 96" or longer cuts.

The case that comes with the saw is very good and easy to deal with, take the saw home with you. OTOH they could be abusing a $1500 TS.

Going a bit further, I recently had to replace my, all plastic, Stanley saw horses. The picture shows my set up for cutting sheet goods with my track saw and may be the only true example of something none of us thought was possible, having too many clamps. I ended up buying a set of Dewalt saw horses that have steel legs and pretty much plastic every where else. I think you can figure out the set up which worked well until one of the plastic legs on the saw horse buckled.

Leon

You'll kick yourself for holding out this long. Be prepared to buy at least another rail and couplers. ;-)

I've thrown my share of Festool barbs at Leon myself. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Not a real good answer but my first circular saw (Crapsman) couldn't cut a straight line for anything. I thought it was me but when I replaced it, even with a just slightly less crappy saw (pre-BORG Ryobi) the lines all of a sudden got a lot straighter. Those that say a craftsman never blames his tools has never worked with good tools.

It only goes down from there. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Yeah but now you are under the "Spell". LOL

Reply to
Leon

Those that say a craftsman never blames his tools has never worked with good tools.

ABSOLUTELY Correct!

Yeah that is the big bite. Although my local Woodcraft kept the 197" Guide Rail FS 5000 in stock, stood up in the corner like a flag pole. $595.00 But you would not need the connector bars. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Be careful with that around dogs

Electric Comet

Her broom doesn't suck as hard as my Ridgid vacuum, and it's hoses don't fit it either.

I like some, don't like others. I don't obsess about any of them.

I also don't trash Festools, I never once said they are trash. I don't even mind that they cost more than other tools, it's a marketing scheme that works well for them.

Reply to
Jack

I'm sure, but I've never seen them used on a job site, and I asked around once at a local club with around 10 professional tradesman, all in the business for many years, and not one of them owned or used any festools, supporting my view not many tradesman use Festools, choosing to use cheaper, high quality tools.

I suspect most Festool users are general hobbyists, with oil wells in their back yard, like yourself. "Look at me ma, I'm using a Festool, y'all know what this thing cost?"

I'm sure some professionals, that mostly work alone, own Festools, they are supposedly top quality, as they should be considering the price. I've just never met one, or talked to one, or walked past one. Rockler sells them though.

Reply to
Jack

And what exactly is your profession, or are you a hobbyist?

I've been using tools my entire life, been woodworking for going on 60 years. I know good tools, junk tools, and overpriced tools. Why is it only Festool owners get their panties in a bunch when someone doesn't get on their knees at the mention of their beloved Festool? If you don't trust my answer, you could email Festool marketing dept, I'm sure they could tell you.

Reply to
Jack

Rockler hasn't sold Festool in a couple of years ...

WoodCraft does.

Reply to
Swingman

I bought my TS55 about five years ago (and the OF1400 a few weeks after that). That doesn't keep me from tweaking you from time to time about your Festool commercials, though. ;-)

Reply to
krw

...and Highland carries everything Festool makes. ;-)

Reply to
krw

You've been told why but would rather stick with your delusions.

And you know at least two here who do.

Yes, if you'd read this thread you would have known that.

So you admit that you're talking through your ass WRT Festool. OK, we got it.

Reply to
krw

A reponse worthy of any Presidential candidate. (Note that that is not praise)

Reply to
J. Clarke

Are you really dumb enough to believe that Presidential candidates tell us the facts?

Reply to
krw

Well you simply have not been to the right job site. I have never seen a Porter Cable circular saw, Milwaukee router, Makita plate joiner, Bosch circular saw, or a Harbor Freight drill used on a job site either. That does not mean that they are not there. If a tree falls in the middle of the woods and nothing hears it, did it make a sound? Yes. The fact that you or I have not witnessed something does not mean squat.

I have worked on many job sites and ben on many. For the ones that I have worked on, I was not the only one using his own Festool tools.

I suspect that you are only around mostly hobbyists. We who earn a pay check with our tools do not make that type of asinine comment. If I were not designing and selling work and or building and installing kitchens sad bathrooms I probably would now own ant Festool's either.

On this group you have talked to at least two but are too damn stubborn to admit it.

Reply to
Leon

Drink your coffee, let it hit, then reread the paragraph to which you responded and the one before it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Not a problem. LOL I'll have to say that I had to use a TS75 before I actually realized what it was capable of doing. The Festool track saw has been out for many many years, probably going back to the 50's~60's IIRC. I think that we get so used to a mediocre standard that when something comes along that is that much better that we tend to not believe that better can be had because my such and such brand what ever is sooooo good they surely also build the best possible what ever.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, that thought has crossed my mind more than once. We have a Great Dane.

Reply to
Leon

Huh... I think you could have fooled all of us on that.

AFFA marketing scheme goes, every single item that is sold has had some consideration and a marketing scheme to determine a selling price. Big deal.

Reply to
Leon