Vermont woodworking

Planning a trip to Vermont first week in October, curious about woodworking places (galleries, studios, etc.). Any tips?

Thanks,

MJ

Reply to
MJ

They grow lots of wood to make projects. Look carefully, heading north it is on the left side of the road.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I thought Vermont was the only state that had no trees or woodworking at all...

Reply to
Leon

Trees are maple syrup carriers.

They have King Arthur flour, Ben & Jerry, Cabot cheese. What else would you need?

Anyone that bakes should visit King Arthur outlet.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No people, either. Only cows.

Reply to
krw

Good time for a trip but I hope you have your accommodations all set. It's a busy time up there (we lived in the Burlington area for 14 years and there was never rooms available in October).

There are a number of woodworking companies up there. I almost bought a kitchen island from these folks but it wouldn't fit in the Mustang. Next year we'll probably take the truck.

They're just down the road from King Arthur Flour (second the motion as a worthwhile visit). Well, I guess everything is just down the road from everything else in Vermont. ;-)

It's not woodworking but another very good stop is glass blowers. They have their own hydro plant downstairs, which is worth a side trip by itself.

Reply to
krw