New Yankee Workshop 2005 Projects

I was starting to get to wondering what Nahm was up to, the new episodes usually start in January but the website still only shows 2004. Well I did a little poking around, and found the page for the new season. Some of the images are missing at the time of this posting, so it looks like they are finishing it up and it should hit the front page soon. But for those lacking patience, here ya go:
http://www.newyankee.com/2005.shtml
Something in particular I found interesting:
Lathe 101 is the first in a series of programs planned over the next several seasons of The New Yankee Workshop featuring the skills required to master a single shop tool. In this first installment, Norm tackles the wood lathe and shows the basic techniques necessary to learn spindle turning, showing several examples of lathes and the tools required to achieve professional results.
-Leuf
Thanks for the post. I was beginning to wonder if Norm had retired and the last year was the LAST year.
John

It's about time, I am a faithful viewer and was really geeting board ( I know its spelled bored but for the sake of the rec...) with watching him push wood thru machines glue and brad it til the glue cured. I will definetly be watching for this episode. BTW I think his turning skills are top notch.
......Snip

Hi Leuf,
Thanks for the heads up.
Got my VCR cued & ready. Have to get that DVR this year.
Lou

TiVo rules.

I s'pose that is worth seeing.

From what we've seen of Norm turning so far, this should be a riot.
Lets see some of your stuff on the binaries group. Not just the turnings though - make sure it's attached to furniture that exceeds his ability. 40 or so examples should convince me.
Don

I got $5 buck on the lathe....

I too thought Norm had dropped the New Yankee Workshop, as for the past months, his program has not aired on HGTV. It's good to know that Norm and the New Yankee Workshop is continuing, as this is the one program I enjoy seeing each week. There is always something new to learn. I sometimes smile because Norm always makes it look so easy! What channel would air the PBS programs?
Doug Leuf wrote:

Hi Doug,
If your north of the border HGTV changed a bunch of stuff around. You can catch Norm on Thursdays 6pm to 7pm (two shows). Rather than every second day. They might have done the same down south.
Our local "PBS" station which is really south of the border, still carries NYW on saturday mornings.
NYW website has the TV broadcast listings posted online for HGTV and PBS too.
Pat

You Guys over the pond are bloody lucky. Here in the UK we're still waiting for the 2004 season of the NYW
Mick

He's on HGTV Sunday morning... 8 AM (ET).
John
Leuf wrote:

Gotta hand it to the producers for developing a fairly wide range of projects. Gotta look it up on my local PBS schedule.