New Yankee Workshop 2005 Projects

I was starting to get to wondering what Nahm was up to, the new episodes usually start in January but the website still only shows

2004. Well I did a little poking around, and found the page for the new season. Some of the images are missing at the time of this posting, so it looks like they are finishing it up and it should hit the front page soon. But for those lacking patience, here ya go:

in particular I found interesting:

Lathe 101 is the first in a series of programs planned over the next several seasons of The New Yankee Workshop featuring the skills required to master a single shop tool. In this first installment, Norm tackles the wood lathe and shows the basic techniques necessary to learn spindle turning, showing several examples of lathes and the tools required to achieve professional results.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Thanks for the post. I was beginning to wonder if Norm had retired and the last year was the LAST year.

John

Reply to
John

It's about time, I am a faithful viewer and was really geeting board ( I know its spelled bored but for the sake of the rec...) with watching him push wood thru machines glue and brad it til the glue cured. I will definetly be watching for this episode. BTW I think his turning skills are top notch.

......Snip

Reply to
Wayne K

Hi Leuf,

Thanks for the heads up.

Got my VCR cued & ready. Have to get that DVR this year.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

I s'pose that is worth seeing.

Reply to
igor

Reply to
Doug

From what we've seen of Norm turning so far, this should be a riot.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

Hi Doug,

If your north of the border HGTV changed a bunch of stuff around. You can catch Norm on Thursdays 6pm to 7pm (two shows). Rather than every second day. They might have done the same down south.

Our local "PBS" station which is really south of the border, still carries NYW on saturday mornings.

NYW website has the TV broadcast listings posted online for HGTV and PBS too.

Pat

Reply to
SawDust

I got $5 buck on the lathe....

Reply to
SawDust

TiVo rules.

Reply to
CW

Lets see some of your stuff on the binaries group. Not just the turnings though - make sure it's attached to furniture that exceeds his ability. 40 or so examples should convince me.

Don

Reply to
D. J. Dorn

You Guys over the pond are bloody lucky. Here in the UK we're still waiting for the 2004 season of the NYW

Mick

Reply to
Michael Stanford

He's on HGTV Sunday morning... 8 AM (ET).

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

projects. Gotta look it up on my local PBS schedule.

Reply to
larrybud2002