New Yankee Workshop Location

This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel Morash's back yard.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the particular address.

Reply to
mcp6453

Well, if you have the address, do you need to confirm it? It will be a rather large building with another building - smaller - which is the garden shed Norm built.

Finally, from what I gather, there is a wildlife area behind the property, meaning there should be a lot of trees.

And finally, share will ya? Even from a satellite view of several thousand feet up is the closest we'll ever come to the shop.

MJM

Reply to
mjmwallace

I see an aerial photo op...

Anyone have coordinates?

I can shoot the sucker from 1000 feet!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Are you talking about Norm or the workshop?

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

supposedly it's co-located with the Victory Garden... Where ever that is...

Reply to
David G. Nagel

That's about as close as we're going to get to NYW here in SoCal.

First KCET (Los Angeles) totally dropped NYW programs.

Guess there isn't a big demand for NYW programs in Beverley Hills but the still carry the This Old House stuff.

KOCE (Orange County) has been in begging mode 24/7 for so long that I can't remember seeing anything but Lawrence Welk reruns on Saturday night.

Other than that, they beg.

Wonder how many of us old farts have to die before they return to actual programs?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

See ABPW and tell me how high that shot is from.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

See ABPW and tell me how high that shot is from.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

See ABPW and tell me how high that shot is from.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Not sure why this showed up repeatedly????

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I would if I could see ABPW.

My ISP dropped it.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I *think* I have the address. I'm still researching. It's just a fun thing to do. No ulterior motives.

Reply to
mcp6453

For Fun, I typed New Yankee Workshop in Google Earth and got,,

New Yankee Workshop

Write a review

528 Railway St Templeton, IA 51463
Reply to
Leon

For $3.95 one time setup you can get a free account at Teranews. Use the link below and I get a $3..95 credit if I want to upgrade.

Edwin Pawlowski

I think he said on his farm (Morash), and the Victory Garden is behind the NYW shop.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Done! Thanks for the link. A one time $4 is worth a shot.

Reply to
B A R R Y

>> Done! Thanks for the link. A one time $4 is worth a shot.

I can repost the photo if need be... let me know.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Let us know how Teranews works for you. I tried it several years ago after Hughes.net dropped Usenet (because their super-double-secret on-line survey found that no one used Usenet). I was quite disappointed with availability and retention on the free service, so, I stupidly signed up for the pay service thinking it had to be better. It wasn't, that's when I moved to Supernews. Hopefully Teranews has gotten their act together. If you have problems, don't send good money after bad -- go find one of the other Usenet carriers.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I posted to ABWP this morning and it never appeared...

** Posted from
**
Reply to
B A R R Y

I posted a photo this morning, and it hasn't appeared as of 1935.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
B A R R Y