Just got a bandsaw

Page 4 of 6
On 7/13/2011 3:15 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Explain to me in explicit detail how to filter him in Thunderbird 5.0.

In Agent, it's Ctrl-K and Yes. Downloading newest T-bird now... Setting up newsgroups...
Sheeeit, Leon. It's just like setting up a spam filter.
Uckinfay Ozillamay. Ask those idiots how to set it up. It either doubles my news server url in the filter or doesn't work. <sigh>
Get a real news reader, whydoncha?
-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
On 7/13/2011 7:52 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I have no problem with my news reader, you were the one that suggested the adjustment. I was simply asking you how you wanted me to make that adjustment.

You have no problem with your news reader except you can't get it to filter, hmm? ;)
I tried and have the same problem. The Mozilla support site has no usable info. Try the Thunderbird support community.
-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
On 7/13/2011 7:52 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Ok La-rey the Clark is plonked. ;~)
"Leon" wrote:

------------------------------------- I made the SOB give up plonk me.
It wasn't much of a challenge.
Lew

One Atta Boy comin' atcha!
Now you can add all the other trolls to those filters. It makes the Wreck a much nicer place to play.
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
wrote:

One Atta Boy comin' atcha!
Now you can add all the other trolls to those filters. It makes the Wreck a much nicer place to play.
----------------------
OK Hate monger jerkwad!
What's good for the goose?
<PLONK>
"Leon" wrote in message
On 7/13/2011 7:52 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Ok La-rey the Clark is plonked. ;~)
================= You are a complete idiot! Take the hook out of your sheeple mouth!
Larry Jaques ***IS*** the troll and uses multiple personalities here to look like people are on his side! Real woodworkers concentrate on woodworking here, not "everybody on my side" and hate mongering!
Wake the fuck up, sucker!
mike
On 7/13/2011 6:59 PM, Leon wrote: ...

While highlight offending message, under Message menu, "Create Filter from..."
Could be made more trivial but it does work...altho afaik only see the changes when either change the actual group in focus or restart to rescan groups.
On 7/13/2011 8:45 PM, dpb wrote:

Well thank you. It would never work on TB 3.x
I had all kinds of problems with TB 3.x and it seems it was in need of so such an improvement that they skipped 4.x altogether, I think. ;~)

I believe you're right, and no smiley applies.
I'm sorely disappointed in Mozilla of late. The last two upgrades to Firefox have eaten my data and broken Firefox. I reverted to v3.6.18 to get bookmarks, passwords, and the simple back button back.
I asked questions on the community forums and got a reply 4 months later.
This has me rethinking my reliance on Mozilla products. Maybe I'll start using Agent for email, too. Anyone here do that? Spill the beans, please!
I was perfectly happy with the paid version of Eudora email until they phased it out. Then I was perfectly happy with Outlook Express until they did away with that. I was perfectly happy with Netscape 3 until they caught the upgrade/fuckup bug. I was perfectly happy with Mozilla 1.0, and now look at the mess. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
WTF is wrong with companies? Why must they phase out their best working, best selling (or most downloaded), most enjoyed products?
-- Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. -- Robert J. Sawyer
On 7/14/2011 7:27 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Are you using 5.0 for FF and TB? I am not having problems with either,

Sounds about right.

Snip
. Then I was perfectly happy with Outlook Express until

me too.
Snip

You get what you pay for.

v3.6.18 FF and v5 TB as of today.

Sounds about wrong to me.

No, I'm talking about purchased programs, too.
-- Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. -- Robert J. Sawyer
On 7/14/2011 9:01 AM, Leon wrote:

I had no problems before. I can't say I'm thrilled with versions 5.0, but problems are very minor, and not unexpected in any .0 release.
For example, in the past, I could right click on your name in the upper right of your *opened* message, and the drop down menu included "create filter from..." That no longer works (for me).
The "create filter from..." is still there, but it is greyed out and doesn't do anything. Same with the drop down in the message tool bar when in an *opened* message.
I have to use the message tool bar drop down from a *closed* message in the message list.
I haven't had any of the problems Larry is having however.
--
Jack
Got Change: Now CHANGE IT BACK!
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 23:28:20 -0500, Leon wrote:

I'm running 3.04 under Ubuntu Linux and filters work just fine, thank you. Cockpit error? Or is the Windoze version less capable?

On 7/14/2011 10:14 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

The Windows version works fine (I use linux but SWMBO uses windows). If you mark the offending posts as "read" rather than the default "delete", all is fine. You can't delete posts by another poster, so the filter appears not to work.
On 7/14/2011 12:40 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:

You can "now" delete posts by another poster in TB 5.0. and they disappear.
So far TB 5.0 does not have that NAG window indicating an error with every use. That happened 99% of the time with 3.x although I never saw any thing wrong other than not being able to delete another posters posts.
Leon wrote:

From your computer, I am sure. Same in OE. They don't disappear from the server though, which doesn't really matter as they are no longer bothering you (us) :)
--

dadiOH