Just got a bandsaw

Don't know what the problem was, with TB 5.0 the filter works very much like Outlook Express did.

Reply to
Leon

"J. Clarke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hamster.jcbsbsdomain.local:

I am finding out just how much of my saw is "most saws". It seems the design has been copied (with varing degrees of quality) by many different companies. I've got a Powermatic riser kit ordered that should fit my Jet saw.

Tensioning a 3/4" blade with the top knob on my saw is difficult to say the least. The knob is too small to provide a good grip, let alone excellent tension. (I found a replacement kit for $15 that should work much better.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

You can "now" delete posts by another poster in TB 5.0. and they disappear.

So far TB 5.0 does not have that NAG window indicating an error with every use. That happened 99% of the time with 3.x although I never saw any thing wrong other than not being able to delete another posters posts.

Reply to
Leon

v3.6.18 FF and v5 TB as of today.

Sounds about wrong to me.

No, I'm talking about purchased programs, too.

-- Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. -- Robert J. Sawyer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

From your computer, I am sure. Same in OE. They don't disappear from the server though, which doesn't really matter as they are no longer bothering you (us) :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Co-wrecked!

Reply to
Leon

Co-wrecked!

Reply to
Leon

I don't use Tbird for news, only for mail, so I was basing my post on how it worked for mail. But I can see why it wouldn't work for news. BTW, I added a "Received" option to the filter choices in Tbird. That way I can filter out any mail from China, Russia, etc..

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Just a suggestionm, if you haven't already done something similar--pull out the tension assembly and work some paste wax into the screw thread then wipe it off. Once it dries it won't pick up dust like grease would, and it makes the mechanism work much more smoothly.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I assume you'd have to wash all the grease out first. With such "fixes" I always wonder why the manufacturer didn't do that, if it's such a good idea.

Reply to
krw

Ok La-rey the Clark is plonked. ;~)

==================

You are a complete idiot! Take the hook out of your sheeple mouth!

Larry Jaques ***IS*** the troll and uses multiple personalities here to look like people are on his side! Real woodworkers concentrate on woodworking here, not "everybody on my side" and hate mongering!

Wake the f*ck up, sucker!

mike

Reply to
m II

One Atta Boy comin' atcha!

Now you can add all the other trolls to those filters. It makes the Wreck a much nicer place to play.

----------------------

OK Hate monger jerkwad!

What's good for the goose?

Reply to
m II

So disagreeing with someone in an on-topic post is "trolling" and people who disagree on topic in an on topic post should be killfiled?

--------------

Looks familiar from your BS here?

tit for tat?

mike

Reply to
m II

disagree on topic in an on topic post should be killfiled?

Arguing incessantly might be the reason enough in your case

Reply to
Markem

On 7/14/2011 8:08 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Snip

Consider most BS's are built in a China related country and using two lubricants would affect the cost of the machine. Easier to squirt everything with grease than to pay attention to details.

Reply to
Leon

My BS has had full tension on it for 35 years. I'd bet money the guy I bought it off of did not release the tension in the 27 years he had it either. I replaced the tires when I bought it because they looked old and crackled. Not saying not to release tension, but, just saying.

My blade of choice is a 3/16th inch skip tooth blade I use for everything, including cutting fire wood and resawing. If my tires lasted 35 years with mostly narrow blades, I would think a fat 1/2 or

3/4" blade would do even less damage to the tires, if that's possible.

My saw tracks 100% perfecto, never needs adjusted other than when changing blades.

Also my experience. I adjust tension until I think it feels right, and for past 35 years, it's been pretty right, far as I can tell. I ignore the blade tension gauge completely.

I think another reason, (that I've ignored) is the spring. If you keep tension on the spring, I guess the spring could lose it's spring? The spring helps keep blades from breaking I reckon, but I don't break even skinny blades, so that's been a non-issue to me as well.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Or one of the dry lubes like Boeshield.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Ok, what's your Laguna use?

Reply to
krw

Boeshield isn't really a lubricant. If anything, it does the opposite.

Reply to
krw

Tell that to Boeshield....

Reply to