Just got a bandsaw

But the trouble with totally ignoring, some one, a newbe, might believe what they have to say.

So when he makes a false statement in regard to what I have said, he is going to be called on it and corrected.

Reply to
Leon

If you had him filtered, you wouldn't have seen it and it wouldn't have bothered you. And newbies learn the hard way that they shouldn't listen to the trolls, so what's the harm. PHAFH.

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Explain to me in explicit detail how to filter him in Thunderbird 5.0.

Reply to
Leon

In Agent, it's Ctrl-K and Yes. Downloading newest T-bird now... Setting up newsgroups...

Sheeeit, Leon. It's just like setting up a spam filter.

Uckinfay Ozillamay. Ask those idiots how to set it up. It either doubles my news server url in the filter or doesn't work.

Get a real news reader, whydoncha?

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 7/13/2011 6:59 PM, Leon wrote: ...

While highlight offending message, under Message menu, "Create Filter from..."

Could be made more trivial but it does work...altho afaik only see the changes when either change the actual group in focus or restart to rescan groups.

Reply to
dpb

I have no problem with my news reader, you were the one that suggested the adjustment. I was simply asking you how you wanted me to make that adjustment.

Reply to
Leon

Well thank you. It would never work on TB 3.x

I had all kinds of problems with TB 3.x and it seems it was in need of so such an improvement that they skipped 4.x altogether, I think. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Ok La-rey the Clark is plonked. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

------------------------------------- I made the SOB give up plonk me.

It wasn't much of a challenge.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

What I wanna know is how on this "HD band saw" one manages to go from a

1-1/2 inch blade to a 1/8 inch blade without adjusting guides. Does the 1/8 inch blade just ride way back in the back of the guides rubbing its teeth off them and riding on the edge of the wheel or something?

Every band saw I've ever seen has an upper and lower guide behind the blade and when you change blades widths that has to be adjusted to the new width. Is this "HD band saw" not so equipped?

I mean since I'm so horribly wrong on this that I deserve to be killfiled, I'd really like to know.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You have no problem with your news reader except you can't get it to filter, hmm? ;)

I tried and have the same problem. The Mozilla support site has no usable info. Try the Thunderbird support community.

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

One Atta Boy comin' atcha!

Now you can add all the other trolls to those filters. It makes the Wreck a much nicer place to play.

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

So disagreeing with someone in an on-topic post is "trolling" and people who disagree on topic in an on topic post should be killfiled?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Why are you so angry?

Reply to
J. Clarke

I believe you're right, and no smiley applies.

I'm sorely disappointed in Mozilla of late. The last two upgrades to Firefox have eaten my data and broken Firefox. I reverted to v3.6.18 to get bookmarks, passwords, and the simple back button back.

I asked questions on the community forums and got a reply 4 months later.

This has me rethinking my reliance on Mozilla products. Maybe I'll start using Agent for email, too. Anyone here do that? Spill the beans, please!

I was perfectly happy with the paid version of Eudora email until they phased it out. Then I was perfectly happy with Outlook Express until they did away with that. I was perfectly happy with Netscape 3 until they caught the upgrade/fuckup bug. I was perfectly happy with Mozilla 1.0, and now look at the mess. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

WTF is wrong with companies? Why must they phase out their best working, best selling (or most downloaded), most enjoyed products?

-- Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. -- Robert J. Sawyer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I had the impression that wider was better for resawing. Is there a reason to prefer a 1/2" Woodslicer over a 3/4" Woodslicer?

Reply to
Drew Lawson

Are you using 5.0 for FF and TB? I am not having problems with either,

Sounds about right.

Snip

. Then I was perfectly happy with Outlook Express until

me too.

Snip

You get what you pay for.

Reply to
Leon

If the saw you have can tension a 3/4" blade then the 3/4 would be preferable for resawing. The trouble is that despite what the advertising for the saw says, most small saws are at the edge of their capacity with a 3/4 inch blade.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I'm running 3.04 under Ubuntu Linux and filters work just fine, thank you. Cockpit error? Or is the Windoze version less capable?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

The Windows version works fine (I use linux but SWMBO uses windows). If you mark the offending posts as "read" rather than the default "delete", all is fine. You can't delete posts by another poster, so the filter appears not to work.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn