Parts for an older Jet Bandsaw

Hello,

I really hope you can help me. I bought an older, used Jet bandsaw (model JBS-14, green in color) a year ago and since then I've been trying to find a replacement for my below table blade guide. I'm not looking for anything fancy, I'm just looking to replace it because the metal has broken from the years of fatigue.

I should explain myself a little more; the part I am looking for is not actually the part that holds the blade guide, but the part that holds the part that holds the blade guide. Does that make sense?

Does anyone know where I can get parts for an older Jet bandsaw? I've been having a hell of a time sourcing this part.

Quentin.

Reply to
qliedtke

In case you are not able to find the part that you need, what would it take to repair yours? Could it be brazed, soldered or welded? Perhaps fabricating a replacement is a last resort but may get you back to work sooner. Good luck.

Reply to
Derrick M

Excuse me for bringing up the obvious but have you exhausted the folks at tech support for Jet? I had a problem picking up parts for an early (blue) Jet cabinet saw and through persistence and a very helpful young lady in tech support I was able to obtain most of the parts I needed which at least allowed me to easily fabricate the balance of what I needed. This was after two other folks down there told me "Sorry, you are S.O.L.)

If you've beaten that horse to death, forgive me. If not, it's certainly worth another try before, perhaps, following Derrick's logical suggestion.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused