Gloat: 14" Jet Bandsaw

Jet JBS-14MW Bandsaw Wood & Metal, Muti-speed

Just picked up this puppy on Craigslist for 100 bucks, with a bunch of extra blades. Plus, the guy threw in a little Delta 1" belt sander, just to get rid of it. I opened up the motor housing and pulley case, and they looked new inside-- nary any sawdust.

I've been looking to replace my junky 9" Pro-Tech with something real. It's also very difficult to find new models that cut wood and metal. I'll let you know how she cuts, once I get her rolling.

Score! Neener-neener!

Reply to
-MIKE-

Okay, I'll say it:

You suck.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Yeah. Well. Think of all the time he spent hovering over craigslist. You can put a price on that, too, you know.

Reply to
MikeWhy

Um... You're not from 'round here, are you?

When someone posts a gloat, the value of the gloat is measured in suckitude.

I really shouldn't have to explain that...

Sigh.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Well, Dave. Then surely you've been around long enough to know that sour grapes is a multiplier on top of the previously offer suckitude.

Reply to
MikeWhy

One of the advantages of being "self-unemployed" is that you see the ads pop up on craigslist and usually get first divs.

Now I just have to get a gig to pay for it. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Craigslist is some of the best cheap entertainment available. I marvel at some of the things people put up for sale, like a steel ruler for two dollars, how could that possibly be worth the time to advertise?

Every week I spot at least one outstanding offer in the tools for sale section, and then I get to admire my own self-restraint by not buying them. Well, most of them. I spotted a tool yard sale on Craigslist where I picked up seven Whiteside 1/2" router bits (some never used) for $60, and a bunch of stuff like a chop-saw hold-down, push-sticks etc. for a buck each. The sure seemed like it was worth a few minutes scanning the garage sale section.

Reply to
DGDevin

Yup.

Reply to