Re: Jet Bandsaw Riser Kit in Blue????

Here's the url for the riser block on the Jet sight.

like everything is included. I checked with Jet, and they stated the riser block would fit, but did not specifically mention any of the other included hardware. I wrote back asking for clarification mentioning that blade guard fits might be a problem. I'm sure I won't hear from them before tomorrow, and I am leaving for vacation in the morning. If I hear back, I will post the results when I return.

Oh, yeah, they wanted $31.13 plus shipping and handling for a bottle of Jet blue paint. I think the white riser block will add a little splash color to the old Jet-blue machine. Kinda like a racing stripe or the Invasion Stripes on the planes at Normandy.

Roy (put an "RP" in front of the 77469 for email)

If you buy the white kit, can you let us know if it fits properly? I >have the old BLUE Jet BS and while putting a new riser in is not a >problem, getting a new bearing and blade guard bar is not easy. My bar >is hexagonal. Can anyone with a white riser kit tell me if the kit bar >is hexagonal? > >WM > > >> >>I picked up an older Jet 14" bs a few months back. Anyone know of a source

(probably a local

>supplier) that might have one of the riser kits in the old blue color? Jet

doesn't have it on their

>website, and my local B&M told me he couldn't get it. >> >>I suppose paint is an option, (as is ta hell with it, just stick a white one

on it) but I'd prefer

>original Jet blue if I could get it. >> >>Thanks, >>Roy >>(put an "RP" in front of the 77469 for email)
Reply to
Roy

Thanks for the info.

WM

riser block would fit,

back asking for

won't hear from them

I will post the

blue paint. I think the

Kinda like a racing

Reply to
WM

Back from vacation, and finally getting caught up with posts. Here's the response I got from Jet about the blade guard issues....

Hello Roy,

The riser block will fit just fine on your jwbs-14cs. The machine with the hexagonal bar is a JBS-14. The bar on your machined has a round shaft with a grove down the back. The riser block will fit this. The only problem is that it is the Jet white instead of the older Jet blue.

Regards, MaryAnn

H>Thanks for the info.

riser block would fit,

back asking for