dust control on Jet 14" bandsaw

I have owned my Jet 14" band saw for about a year and while it has given excellant service, one thing that has always bothered me is the undersized dust port. This is the model with the 2" port that narrows to a slit right below where the blade comes through the table

Reply to
SamTheCat

I've seen bandsaw mods discussed somewhere here.

I don't have time to browse to the exact pages.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I cut a hole and attached a plastic toilet flange with a foam washer (made from a mouse pad), angled off with a 45 and attached the 4" dust collection hose. Mine is a Grizzly and had a port which looks like 1 1/4 incher. It helps, but some dust still escapes above the lower compartment.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

BTW I forgot to give the credit to Steve Knight, where I got the idea.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

I just did that....works sooooooooooooo much better....I cut the hole and mounted the flange.........It cut the dust down 90%.

Cheers JOHN

Reply to
John Gilham/Patsy Scott