dust collection on a 18" delta bandsaw.

i an setting up a small dust collecter for my drum sander and bandsaw. the bandsaw has 2 DC ports. 1 low and 1 in back. i am assuming one of the ports is left open to draw the air through the housing. or do i put hoses on both ports? there does not appear to be enough open space around the blade to support 2 4" hhoses sucking air. my thoughts are DC hose to bottom port and breath through the rear port. i have never bothered with dust collection before but the drum sander requires it and i figure i may as well add the band saw as well. thanks...

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

I think the designers figured you'd be hooking up 2 hoses.

it might work better with just one- try it and let us know. heck you might even pick up a 4" electronics cooling fan on ebay and try blowing that *in* one of the holes...

Reply to
bridger

thats what i figure too but i reconfigured it and hooked up the bottom hose only and it works a LOT better. resawed a 8 " piece of mahogany a couple feet long and checked it. no dust! it sounds like the collector is working not so hard too.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics