Bandsaw dust collection

Which 14" bandsaw has the best dust collection? My old Grizzly has a collection port but all the dust at the cutting area just falls to the floor.
--
G Ross

The dust collection isn't even mentioned in the product description for this one :
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?pu265&cat=1,41036,75262
.. makes one wonder .. John T.
On 11/22/2017 2:44 PM, G Ross wrote:

That could be because of your DC. But not BS's all are created equal. I'm not sure any do a superb job considering all the openings.
BUT if you want to see how effective you Griz works, run it with out the DC turned on.
replying to G Ross, Iggy wrote: Don't bother, they're all horrible. Move yours. You can easily remove the door or the opposite panel and temporarily replace them with cardboard until you find the sweet spots. I don't even have a bandsaw, but I got my buddy setup real nice years ago with top and bottom ports in a very bathtub plumbing style arrangement.

Virtually no dust in the wheelhouse and even sucked dust from the cut and table. Smaller diameter PVC pipe and fittings turned out to be key for a strong and focused instant removal. A bunch of bad ideas are all over YouTube (unbelievably they continue today) and I'm glad I hadn't seen them at the time.
On 11/22/2017 3:44 PM, G Ross wrote:

My Laguna Tools LT-16 has pretty decent collection but to make it work fully requires two high-velocity 4" hose connections, one at the bottom and one under the table. Unfortunately I only plumbed one so when I'm doing a lot of sawing I hook up my Fein vacuum to the second port. Works OK but it is a PITA so I don't do it much.
John McGaw wrote:

Thanks. I have a 4 or 5 inch connection to my Griz but dust still follows the blade up out of the lower part of the saw. Maybe I need to re-check the air flow through that hose.
--
G Ross

On 11/23/2017 1:06 AM, G Ross wrote:

Keep in mind that you cannot stop air flow and or seal up all openings as it will render the collection useless. IMHO band saws have way too many openings to have effective dust control. But maybe if you quadruple your CFM from the DC.....
On 11/22/2017 3:44 PM, G Ross wrote:

I don't own one, but a Laguna. The way they engineered the cutting area, they have a piece of wood that sections off that area and can then be sucked clean.
That's my bet for the best. We'll see when Festool does their BS ;-)
--
Jeff

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 15:44:48 -0500

guess you could get a new saw but iirc there are aftermarket options that can be fitted
have seen homemade shrouds that fill in the gaps left by the manufacturer
maybe even grizzly offers solutions for better dust collection