Help-Blade tension on Jet Bandsaw

I can't seem to get my new bandsaw to tension the blade adequately. Need to do some resawing and can't crank enough tension onto the blade. (Will have to call Jet tech support on Monday). Why do these things always happen on Friday night. I've tried two different blades (1/2" Vermont American and

3/4" Olson both 3tpi)

The saw has worked fine with the factory supplied blade (3/8" 6 tpi) but not with these new blades. The saw is the new 14" Deluxe JWBS-14 with the quick release blade tension handle. I have stuffed some plastic between the roller and the socket on the handle and that has helped, but I'd like to have it work right.

Need to finish a project for a charity auction. And also had planned on using the saw to cut some tenions. Yea, I've got tension, but not in the right place.

Reply to
Dustmaker

I just bought the same saw, and bought 2 Timberwolf (-ish) blades, so I am very interested in what you find out.

The Timberwolf blades come with directions on tensioning them by vibration/tuning. But these are low-tension blades. I assume your blades are not low-tension.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

If you completely compressed the spring, then you might have damaged it. I had compressed mine completely and it would no longer tension the blades. You can buy a new tension spring for about $15 or $20 from Woodcraft or Highland Hardware.

Reply to
Mark Wells