I ordered mine!

Page 1 of 3
More good news about the Kerfmaker from BridgeCity tools.
Most new products prices include shipping, so if you buy one for $72 that is all you pay. I preordered, 1/2 down now and the rest when the tool ships in 2-3 weeks.
I posted a drawing on a.b.p.w of one that you could build your self, I was strongly considering doing this, actually strongly considering making 3 or 4. Mine as is will allow a joint of 2.125" wide. The BridgeCity Tool Kerfmaker will allow for a joint up to 2" wide according to Natasha at BCT.

Hi,
I received mine last Monday. I ordered it back in July... Expect some delays as mine came one and a half month later than expected... But the wait was well worth it.
It is surprisingly small but such a clever design. I can't wait to test it out.
BB
Hi,
I received mine last Monday. I ordered it back in July... Expect some delays as mine came one and a half month later than expected... But the wait was well worth it.
It is surprisingly small but such a clever design. I can't wait to test it out.
BB
The web site indicated December. The girl said 2-3 weeks.

What's a.b.p.w and where can I see that drawing?

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thank you
Leon wrote:

I did the same right after watching the video. I've wanted one of those for a long time - I just didn't know what it looked like. :-/

With your drawings to guide me, I'm thinking I'd like to build a big one in Spring for joints up to 7-1/2" wide...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Will it talk to the CNC router? ;)

I do believe there is an "app" for that. ;~)
Lee Michaels wrote:

Probably not. This little gizmo allows the 'Bot to discover everything it needs to about the workpiece and the cutting tool all by itself...
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/SuperZero /
...but it doesn't work for the table saw or RAS, which is where I expect the jig from Bridge City to shine.
I do enough one-off shop projects with 2x stock that I think the larger size might also be useful.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

You know Morris when I realized that it would only handle 2" I wondered if It would be satisfying. hummmm
Uh meee er uh.... I had the same thought. If I need bigger I'll build a bigger one. The BCT jig is elegant and compact, I thought with smaller needs that it may be a better choice for the smaller applications.
Because of the intricacy in my drawings and the small parts I think it would be easier to mill longer pieces and cut up several.
Leon wrote:

I think I just figured out how to make a (simpler) wooden jig to do the job. It takes a piece of scrap and six cuts on the table saw.
It doesn't adjust for blade thickness, but it's so cheap and easy that I may just knock one out whenever I get a new blade.
I'm still looking forward to the arrival of the KM, tho. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Erm, what kind of MEGAdado blade is that wide, Morris?
-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson
Larry Jaques wrote:

It's an ordinary blade making however many passes it takes. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

If you put a stacked dado in there to start with it should require far fewer passes.
Leon wrote:

How about making the first and last cuts to establish the 7-1/2" joint width, take out 95% of the remaining waste with a single cut on the bandsaw (or jigsaw, depending on the board), then use a dozen or so passes with the stacked dado to nibble away the rest?
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Yeah, endcuts with the TS, then get out my Makita angle grinder with the Lancelot head on it. We be nibblin' _then_! Arr arr arr!
-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Why not take it all out with the dado rather than make it a 3 step operation?
Leon wrote:

So you don't have 7 tons of sawdust and unnecessarily dull your dado blades?
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Yeah, I'll go with sawdust and dulling my dado blades. I am thinking it is going to be hard to remove waste from a dado with a BS. And that in particular is what dado blades are use for. Now I am thinking that I should use a hand saw so as to not dull my TS blade. ;~)