I ordered mine!

It's possible that I just got lucky, but I haven't had that problem.

Ooooo! Nice shiny bait - maybe just a /tiny/ nibble...

Should be do-able *but* I would expect that SWMBO might object strenuously if the smoke collection system were anything less than absolutely perfect.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

IMHO, damn things don't even make a poor boat anchor..

Good for re-melt in an electric arc furnace.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:01:41 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey scrawled the following:

Ah, the double whammy of experience plus a resume builder. Bueno, bwana.

Yeah.

-- The Smart Person learns from his mistakes. The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others. And then there are all the rest of us...

Larry Jaques

On 08 Nov 2009 04:38:39 GMT, the infamous Puckdropper scrawled the following:

IANMD, but, sure. Hmm, wouldn't the 4' wide, very charred kerf be a sales killer, though?

-- The Smart Person learns from his mistakes. The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others. And then there are all the rest of us...

Larry Jaques

Didn't Goldfinger do something like that? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Come on Larry. ;~) If you use a broad stroke to wipe out Craftsman you will never know that some of their tools are made very well by reputable manufacturers like DeWalt, Bosch, etc.

Reply to
Leon

Made by reputable manufacturer good tool.

Sears still controls the specification and the price point.

Reply to
krw

Reply to
Leon

That is ture, however the products in particular that I am referring to probably have Craftsman/Sears input only in color and badging. Sears had a red Bosch 1617EVS router and had a black DeWalt biscuit joiner. Both had Craftsman lables. I highly doubt that more than color was the difference. These were not tools that were designed specifically for Sears so much as simply had a color change for Sears.

Reply to
Leon

With the Bosch jigsaws they sold the only change that Sears made was to use black plastic instead of blue and change the stickers.

And if you say "plastic gears" you're a buffoon--Bosch jigsaws don't HAVE gears.

Seriously, it costs a lot more to make two different designs than it does to simply rebadge an existing design, so the notion that Sears has Bosch make them special cheapened saws is based in total ignorance of the realities of manufacturing.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Now they're doing the same thing with Triton tools.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On the other hand, this reminds of the Intel Celeron processor--which I believe are those which come out meeting 2nd rate tolerences. Sort of like graded lumber. If you were Bosch, what would you do?

Reply to
Bill

"Leon" wrote in news:LbOdnfUzJLQTa2vXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

We could put a giant laser on the moon, use the sun's rays to power it and set our boards outside to have them precision cut from space!

Or maybe we mount a giant "laser" on the moon and ask for one million Kpax saws (pinky finger on corner of mouth.) [Mixed movie alert.]

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 10:53:02 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

One correction. The correct word should have been "were" reputably made. Anything made pre-1975 was pretty good. After that, I got burned far too badly to ever give them another look or try. Effem!

-- The Smart Person learns from his mistakes. The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others. And then there are all the rest of us...

Larry Jaques

FWIW, the Uzbeks are running a one million watt solar-pumped laser at a research facility.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yeah, but Bond was supposed to die and he didn't. So it must be faulty technology. :)

Reply to
upscale

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 03:18:34 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke" scrawled the following:

A million? Now _that_ is what I call Lasik!

========================================================== CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball! ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think that was Stinkfinger...

Reply to
jo4hn

I think I just figured out how to make a (simpler) wooden jig to do the job. It takes a piece of scrap and six cuts on the table saw.

It doesn't adjust for blade thickness, but it's so cheap and easy that I may just knock one out whenever I get a new blade.

I'm still looking forward to the arrival of the KM, tho. :)

Reply to
Morris Dovey