Ok, I want one!

An affordable Bridge City Tool.

The KerfMaker.

If you have most of a day to burn you can probably make one yourself. I may pay the $72.

Leon

Lew Hodgett

have saved a huge amount of time with a tool like this. I have rigged up numerous jigs. But nothing this fancy, small or accurate.

Bridge City Tool Works just be congratulated on coming out with a new tool for less than a $100.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Nice find, Leon. Looks like it works great.

Reply to
Robatoy

Pretty damn cool.

I may try and build one...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

By the time you pay quantity one pricing for a display and the matching electronics, you could probably by a half dozen of the finished device.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Dave,

If you are interested there are several versions of the Kerf Maker, Kerf Master etc shown on Lumberjocks.com. Go to it and do a search for kerf and I am sure you will find one that you can make. I have a version posted there.

Regards,

Al

Reply to
Al Holstein

Dave,

If you are interested there are several versions of the Kerf Maker, Kerf Master etc shown on Lumberjocks.com. Go to it and do a search for kerf and I am sure you will find one that you can make. I have a version posted there.

Regards,

Al

Very neat. The price is right too!

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

I was thinking that, I actually down loaded a Sketchup drawing of a "similar" one. The problem with that one is that it is pretty much a 2 piece vs, 3 piece design. To set the kerf you adjust the length of a scew that is protruding out one end of the jig. The BridgeCity tool jig uses a

3rd more easily to quickly adjust piece that will allow quick kerf adjustments if you want to use the jig for more than one tool. I can post the Sketchup drawing if some one wants to see it. It is simular but not exactly the same mechanically.
Reply to
Leon

Electronics?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

stacked dado set. Make the left and right side cuts with the regular TS blade and then clean out the joint with the dado set. For me this would make cleaner cuts and speed hogging out the waste between the cuts if there were a bunch to make.

The problem is that the dado set would then have to be set up to match the depth of the previously made side cuts. This was done once, doing it again would be a PIA.

Solution. Because the Kerfmaker will adjust to a kerf up to 1/2" simply start with a 1/2" stacked dado set configuration for 1/2" and wider joints. Obviousely a narrower stack would be indicated for joints down to 1/4" wide. For Joints less than 1/4" wide your regular saw blade is going to fill the bill. Basically with the proper set up you should not have to make more than 2 passes to make any joint 1/8"- 1" wide.

Reply to
Leon

Dave,

If you are interested there are several versions of the Kerf Maker, Kerf Master etc shown on Lumberjocks.com. Go to it and do a search for kerf and I am sure you will find one that you can make. I have a version posted there.

Regards,

Al

So Al, do you use your jig? Basically whether you were using yours ot the BridgeCity jig, do you find that you use it often? any Gotcha's to watch out for during actual use of the jig?

Reply to
Leon

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 20:04:19 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

Sweet tool! Me want one, too. (Damn, can't add it to Amazone wishlist 'cuz they don't sell it yet.)

That makes Shoji screen work MUCH faster and easier. (Did you see that they misspelled it as "Soji"? Oops!)

-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Probably using the same spell checker/word rearanger that I do. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Hey Al - nice job on simplifying the design and construction.

RicodJour

DUH!

Saw digital readout on caliper and thought it was part of device.

Mumble...............mumble.........

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Dave,

I haven't used it much yet, but the only Gotcha that I am aware of is to make certain the I have the sliding piece pushed firmly against the piece that I am measuring, so I don't cut it too big.

Regards,

Al

Reply to
Al Holstein

Jig.

Reply to
Leon

I'd really like to see your interpretation - may I beg e-mailed copies or a web URL where I could download them?

Reply to
Morris Dovey

on the screws however I think you can figure that out. Dimensions are pretty critical in some areas, I did not put them in but if you have Sketchup you can easily add them.

Reply to
Leon