I need a swivel or bearing for a lazy susan style turntable.

Maximum weight 100, Maximum RPM 150.
At no time did I mention spinning 100 pounds at 150 RPM. Or that any of that weight would be anywhere near the edge of the table. Or that the weight was a single solid object. Even if I did spin a hundred pounds at 250 RPM the worst that would happen is there would be a big mess.
I'm out of this thread. I had enough laughs for this week.
snipped-for-privacy@address.invalid wrote:

Nor did you not.

Nor did you not.

Hopefully in your lap. :-)

And at no time did we ask you to comment or suggest we were talking about your machine. So buzz off.
Laughs it was -- but no sense. :-)
Well that was the point wasn't it? That people who gave advice would look like fools if they could not figure out the conditions under which the parts would run -- and hence had to assume worst case. Unless you stated all the specs together.
You said you did not know how to explain yourself -- and clearly you were correct on that much. As for the rest -- good luck with all your frankenmachines.
..and that is why it is dangerous to give advice in this group unless people can lay out clearly what they wanted to know, and what help was needed and under what conditions.
By responding you helped me make my point.
Thanks for playing and good luck -- one fool to another.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:21:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@address.invalid wrote:

You mean like the ones you've been able to buy for Oh, maybe 30-40 years? I installed a bunch of those back in '78 or '79. The also used electromagnetic hold-open latches on the fire doors that were tied to the heat detectors. As soon as the temp rose all the fire doors would close.
Just for the books, sometimes a hook or latch is better than a magnet, they can hold against a direct pull and require a more specific action to disengage them. Sometimes that is an advantage. Door stops also have advantages - can a magnet hold the door open half way? Oh, don't forget cost as well. Engineering involves a lot more than just determining if something works.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:51:57 -0700, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@address.invalid spake:

You gleaned no terminology from any of us, hmmm?

Then why did you post a request in the first place and then ungratiously bat down over a dozen tips?

Then you should have said so, y'think?

With that much load, they'd take a lot more lateral force than they would with a light load.

And I hold no patents but have made that much from my glare guards in the same amount of time. I'll bet your patents cost you the better part of that $12k, too.

That's "Technical GODs" to you, sir. <g>

You're trying to leech free info from us to use to make more money? I see. Think anyone here will ever answer another of your requests?

Into the bit bucket you go, bubba. Ta!
---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment http://www.diversify.com Website Applications =================================================

Actually no. I had a company partner who footed the bill. They have probably made 10 times what I have. It's hard to say. I might have made more money without them but I doubt it. They also market the stuff, in a very small but worldwide market. I didn't do it for the money. I never expected to even make any money. I was trying to improve the lives of field workers, and in a small way I did.
snipped-for-privacy@address.invalid wrote in

www.mcmaster.com
Browse through their online catalog. Lots of ways to do what you describe. The company is also very good to deal with (standard disclaimer, no affilitation).

You can buy hub units that have the lug bolts on one side and a four bolt flange on the other allowing you to mount both sides - one to a base and the other to the turning table. Would this work for you?
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:06:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Tom) wrote:

It certainly would. The four bolt flange on the other side has always eluded me in my search. I've spent hours on the net and at least an hour on the phone trying to find just that sort of thing. The problem is a communication problem. I don't know the terminology of what I'm asking for, or it's application.
Can you point me at one of these hub units on the net so I know what to ask for?

Sure - give me a couple of days - I'm leaving town in a few minutes and will be back at the end of the week.
BlairR,
I along with several other folks have asked you for more information is various ways. Your apparent refusal to discuss your project in terms of objectives and to provide any meaningful detail suggests that you may be working on a project you want to patent. There may be another reason, but it escapes me.
I wish you luck in your search for a solution to your 'problem!'
Jack
If you are working on a patentable activity, you might consider enrolling in an Effective Communication 101 course at a local school to assist you with future projects.

What do you need to know that I haven't answered several times?

You're an idiot and a busybody, who has NO answers and no solutions. Typical of the depths to which most usenet groups, including this one has sunk.
How's that for communication moron.
snipped-for-privacy@address.invalid says...

Here is how I would do it. I would drill 3" holes in all but the last (top) piece of MDF. Insert two or three common single row sealed ball bearings. Mount the shaft on a 12" square steel plate. Weld it or if no access to a welder, press and swedge fit. Add a spacer over the shaft to stop the disc from hitting the base and allow the shaft to reach all ball bearings without touching the top piece of MDF.
Mount/secure vertically and balance. Re-mount on bench and spin away.
Note: Bearing holes and shaft size are dependant on the size bearing you buy. Typ. Bearing this general size is $8. Graingers.
Dave
On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 23:10:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@address.invalid wrote:

horizontally. We could turn a 20 gallon plant in the window of a store with a clock motor.